Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Help on Big Green Bottle Age

andy volkerts

Jan 10, 2005
Sacramento, California
It may be an applied lip, feel inside where the top meets the neck, and if you feel a lip or size differencewhere they join, it is applied, I cant really tell by the pics. Looks like a mineral water, like a Hunyadi Janos only different shape. it looks like a quart size??. spun mold maybe, 1880 - 1900. somebody else will join in I am sure and maybe have better info........Andy

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Jun 14, 2014
Locō movērī
British imports here are still common today. The British made blob bottles into at least the 1930s. I've seen 1910's-era examples of applied-top bottles by their glasshouses. A better way to tell the age is to analyze the site and to try and find records.

RED Matthews

Aug 2, 2008
Sarasota FL & Burdett NY
So the bottle looks like a good one. At this point we need more information about it. Bottles of this tyYoupe can be made in three part molds - in that case there would be a horizontal seam on the shoulder and two vertical seams up the neck to the obviously applied and tooled finish.You didn't tell us anything about the bottom of the bottle - but if it was hand blown it should have evidence of an empontilling handle having been there.So we have to know more about the details, RED Matthews

RIBottleguy

Mar 5, 2008
Providence, RI
I'm guessing mineral water. I've seen crown top examples the same size with Poland Spring labels on them. I had two like yours, but just sold one for $15.

Lordbud

Jun 16, 2005
San Jose
To me it looks like a generic (unembossed) German-blown beer similar to those blown for the Western market in the 1890s. Granted the lip finish is flatter. But that was my first thought upon viewing the pictures.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palumboj520