Help Please! Do these milks really go for this?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bert DeWitt

Reaction score
Hi, I thank you all for the information. If there is anyone else who can help with more info that would be great! I will be going up to the flea market later today, If there is a diary bottle you are looking for feel free to post the name of it and I will look for it while I'm there. Thanks, Bert DeWitt

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I'm not an expert but most of those seam to be for sale at high price but not sold, there's a BIG difference between the two. The one with a bid could be a fluke.I wouldn't pay more than $5 or $10 if your looking for a return and not sure if they're in demand. That way you aren't out much.Just an opinion.

JohnDeereMoxie

Reaction score
Well the last 3 seem to be in the range of the right value. Never seen double baby face round quarts. And that jar looking one is odd with great graphics. So they could be in there for value. If that market has those bottles for cheaper say around the 50 dollar range and you don't have them and would like them I'd say go for it. The other ones seem way too steep especially the first one unless that dairy didn't make many Square Quarts. I'm looking for a Bojuma Farm Square Quart out of Westport Harbor Mass that I would pay that and possibly more for. I've only seen one. Hope this helps.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
So Bert My first bottle was a milk bottle that I got from a neighboir farmer when I walked the railroad tracks back of our home and marveled at the neighbors barn yard with a doizen or so cows in it; He came out to see who I was and why I was there looking at his cattle. I told him I would hate to milk that many cows. He took me in and explained his dairy business. He also gave me a half pint of milk to drink and told me I could keep the bottle. I still have it.I couldn't figure out how the bottles were made. A few weeks later my Grand Father made arrangements and took me to Thatcher Glass factory in Elmira, so I could see them made, I even goot a new one to bring home with me = so then I had two. About 33 years later I got a job at Thatcher Glass in their central mold shop, as a mechanical engineer making molds. I did that for 15 years - then went in the business of selling special metals for mold equi0ment in most of the world for another twenty years. I still have those two milk bottles and a couple dozen others. I even have one of the early Thatcher cream top bottles that they patented.It was a great life. RED Matthews. so

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18