Help with my web site and help for you here at this place.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Hi all
,Been busy not a lot of time to post here anymore. I would like to ask a favor of all of you that still actively collect or just have older glass. Would you be willing to provide me with pictures from your personal collections along with small descriptions. Anything pre 1900 is OK. I am in the process of slowly creating a web site based on regional, and types of glass. Beers, sodas,whiskeys fruit jars are fine as I would place all of them in their own categories. Please include brief descriptions of what you are sending me. Any pontiled or rare medicine bottles,Historic flasks and colonial glass are most needed. I need in large numbers Midwest scrolls,pikes peaks,Ohio and Pittsburgh historical flasks and of course any old glass from New England and New York State are most welcome. I am particularly interested in Stoddard based glass as I have found a wealth of advertisements in newspapers and any thing from the four factories there would be most welcome.

I can also dedicate a page to your collections if you like through my site. I have been working with Cody (ohiosulator) from the forum here who has a great collection for a young man and some of his glass has began to appear on my site with a lot more to come. I have been able to find a wealth of information regarding Keene New Hampshire and Kentucky of all places which are part of my site if you poke around and check it out. If anyone has good sound information about glass factories in any region of the country, I would be more then glad to add it to my web site. The San Fransisco Glass factory I am quite interested in if any of you have information or pictures about that factory and its products. Please email me if any of you are interested in helping out and getting a little exposure and credit for your collections is an added bonus.

I am trying to build a large database collection of information and pictures which are easily searched on my site something this site lacks as you all know.. If you try the main search bar at the top right of the main web page you will see how easily it finds the content you are looking for. I plan to add this search to all pages on the site in the coming weeks. Check out the site here http://historical-american-glass.com/index.html it is slowly growing. All credit will be applied to the owners of the photos and information. I plan on having a thank you acknowledgment page to anyone who contributes to the site. In the very near future a big write up and information spread on T W Dyott Thanks for your consideration and it would be most welcome.....Epackage If you would send me your collection say three shots a bottle I have plenty of space on my website to accommodate your collections and would be happy to do so. No need to resize your pictures either as my web site has unlimited bandwidth capability.

Check out this link I just created for all of you to search ABN http://historical-american-glass.com/antique-bottlesnet.html When you are on the page put in puce in the search bar and 10 pages of links from this site are found half of them belonging to Rick!! It makes finding information a lot easier then the search engine this web page uses.

epackage

Reaction score
Looking great Steve, and thanks for the better search link for ABN...[;)]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
It good so far Steve. Have you talked with Gary (milkglassbottles). That page still seems a little small for the "most comprehensive source on historic antique collectable milk glass".
I know, it still a work in progress.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cowseatmaize

It good so far Steve. Have you talked with Gary (milkglassbottles). That page still seems a little small for the "most comprehensive source on historic antique collectable milk glass".
I know, it still a work in progress.
That is a joke on him until he purchases his domain name and I told him I would host his site if he did Eric. He is holding my bottle seen in the pictures hostage for real though. I lent it to him for the Baltimore show and I am having a tough time prying it from his hands. I have a lot of information on Stoddard glass works which differs from other published history of the various glass works coming soon. I need pictures of Stoddard glass though as I only have a few of Eagle/Cornucopia flasks. Rory shoot me an email I would like to talk to about pictures with you. Epackage same thing I would like to do a page for you.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Sandchip send me some pictures of your great looking meds, I know you have some outstanding ones in your collection, I would love to post them particularly that green tombstone you have.

Check out RoadDogs bottles starting to appear on the site.He has included some great write ups for me also. I just enlarged the Web Sites viewable Wrap or view this evening and increased the pixels rate for higher definition. I use a 30 inch monitor and the site looks great. Check out Cody Zelenys (ABN forum member Ohiosulator) scroll flasks collection http://historical-american-glass.com/scroll-flasks-1828-to-1875.html

The whole website and particularly the old medicines page are outstanding looking in this new mode. Look at Marc Turners (Cracked bottle) Swaims bottle which was posted here at this forum https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-357022/mpage-4/key-/tm.htm The bottle as Gunther stated looks like ice. Now look at it on my web page scroll down a bit....... http://historical-american-glass.com/early-american-medicine-bottles.html

Jim Epackage how about a nice run of some of your Paterson collection,with a little Tavern and Brewers history,I can dedicate a whole page to you alone ,would be thrilled to do it.

You New York State guys Myersdiggers,Cazdigger,WolfBP,Joe the crow all of you from there would love to post your best glass

Looking for New England Historical Flasks anything pontiled from Stoddard,Keene,Coventry,Boston. Rick how about a nice write up on your visit to Dyottville for me along with some pictures of the Puce Eagle.You St Louis boys how about some great pictures and some write ups for me regarding your soda ,beer and medicines. Seriously any of you if you have any older or rare bottles you are proud of and want them posted it can be done easily. Chris baltbottles I know you have some great looking stuff and some write ups to go with them. Black glass collectors would love to do a page on those send them if you have them.

Thanks guys,
I look forward to seeing some bottle pictures from all of you.

epackage

Reaction score
Will do Steve, trying to get some stuff together for Ricksbottleroom and I'll send you stuff too, give me about a week or so...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi