help with some bottles please

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

junkortreasure?

Reaction score
I went digging for awhile today and came home with a lot of bottles, here are some omy more interesting finds any info on them would be much apprieciated, the small cobalt bottle still has a cork in it and is nearly full of liquid.If you need any specific pictures or close let me know and i will take and post them. Thanks.

Ol31529.jpg

Attachments

• Ol31529.jpg
    Ol31529.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 82

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Hi Junkortreasure,
It looks like the majority of your finds are medicine and food bottles. Do any have embossing on them to help us out? The almost straight-sided bottle on the top right in the 1st picture looks like a capers bottle-there was quite a lengthy discussion on them earlier on this forum.(Try the search feature)That cobalt blue bottle appears to be a triangular-shaped,ribbed POISON,so be very carefull with the liquid inside[;)] (Poisons were often unusually shaped and heavily embossed with ribs,hobnails etc. so they could be distinquished in the dark/by illiterate folks from other bottles.)

Good day's digging!(Wish I could get the time[&o]!)

KAT

junkortreasure?

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, most of the bottles do not have any embossing , except for some numbers on the bottom, some dont even have that, one soays lysol and another one says three in one but thats about it. thanks again

snake oil

Reaction score
j or t , in your first picture , the clear bottle in front of the big bottle on the left in the rear appears to be a pharmicists perscrition bottle , check for a roman numeral (such as XII , XVI , etc.) followed by the letter "o" with a strange looking squiggly line type symbol next to it (actually this is the letter "z") , which means oz. (ounces) , embossed on the bottle . As Big Kitty said , the blue one is a poison , which is worth something , although I don't know how much . Can you send a good pic of the brown bottle , on the right , in your first pic ? I'd like to get a good look at it .

ladyp3797

Reaction score
Did someone say CAPERS?![sm=lol.gif]
That was a terrifc string! I don't recall the final word Kat, but it was fun.

Excellent job on the dig Junk! You really scored! Lp

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4