Help with Well Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mrcure

Reaction score
Anyone near Jamestown, TN able to help with a well I'm currently digging? 7-9 feet deep with no end in sight yet. Digging today and next weekend if possible.

mrcure

Reaction score
Hey @Mailman1960 , I'm going to be making a follow up to my dig from yesterday here:

Essentially, I'm 15 feet down and hit water but have at least 5+ left to bottom. I did find a cork 3iii bottle at the water table, but nothing else.

UnderMiner

Reaction score
Hey @Mailman1960 , I'm going to be making a follow up to my dig from yesterday here:

Essentially, I'm 15 feet down and hit water but have at least 5+ left to bottom. I did find a cork 3iii bottle at the water table, but nothing else.
Any idea the age of the well? If there is a loose brick you can see if there is a manufacturer's initials on it. You can then look up the age of the manufacturer's operations to date the well.

mrcure

Reaction score
@UnderMiner unfortunately no names or inscriptions at all on the bricks. Sadly I dug a screw top junk beer at about 8 feet but then I found a z3iii cork med at about 10 feet or so before hitting water. So the age seems to fluctuate greatly o_O If only I can get past this water.

Newtothiss

Reaction score
You are soo much more dedicated than I am...
10+ ft. and only 2 1900+ bottles?
I would head to greener pastures...

Do you. Please, prove me wrong and find some cool shit!
Good luck!!

hemihampton

Reaction score
You are soo much more dedicated than I am...
10+ ft. and only 2 1900+ bottles?
I would head to greener pastures...

Do you. Please, prove me wrong and find some cool shit!
Good luck!!

I'd call this Bad Advice in my opinion. Why? last Well I dug the guys I was digging with kept saying the same thing as newtothiss. I told them I wasn't quitting until I hit Bottom, they kept saying I was wasting my time. Long Complicated story. BUT, In a nutshell, luckily I kept digging, Why you ask? Because at the bottom was 2 Cobalt Blue Hutch's. Norris & Guyette. BUT, The thing is, the guy that kept saying lets move on, his most wanted to dig Bottle was a Cobalt Blue Guyette Hutch. He/We Dug one. He would of never got his most wanted Bottle if I didn't persist & insist on keep going. Moral of Story. Never Stop until you hit Bottom. Plus all the best Bottles are at the Bottom. LEON.

P1000074 - Copy.JPG
P1000080 - Copy.JPG

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I'd call this Bad Advice in my opinion. Why? last Well I dug the guys I was digging with kept saying the same thing as newtothiss. I told them I wasn't quitting until I hit Bottom, they kept saying I was wasting my time. Long Complicated story. BUT, In a nutshell, luckily I kept digging, Why you ask? Because at the bottom was 2 Cobalt Blue Hutch's. Norris & Guyette. BUT, The thing is, the guy that kept saying lets move on, his most wanted to dig Bottle was a Cobalt Blue Guyette Hutch. He/We Dug one. He would of never got his most wanted Bottle if I didn't persist & insist on keep going. Moral of Story. Never Stop until you hit Bottom. Plus all the best Bottles are at the Bottom. LEON.

View attachment 241224View attachment 241225
I dig the story.

Reactions: Roy

hemihampton

Reaction score
I dig the story.
Here's the rest of the Story. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members