Help with Well Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mailman1960

Reaction score
DON'T GIVE UP!!!!
I'll send you my project I'm working on.
This is an entrance to an old brewery. Found it over the summer but the bugs were brutal we're going back in 2 weeks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221031-002349.png
    Screenshot_20221031-002349.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_20221031-002513.png
    Screenshot_20221031-002513.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 91

hemihampton

Reaction score
don't look like a entrance to an old Brewery?

Mailman1960

Reaction score
don't look like a entrance to an old Brewery?
Oh it is, That's how they got down into the cellar. Long story short people have been digging into the where the brewery was for years, they laid huge trees over most of the area filled it in this is one they didn't get.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Oh it is, That's how they got down into the cellar. Long story short people have been digging into the where the brewery was for years, they laid huge trees over most of the area filled it in this is one they didn't get.
They filled it in so it's going to be a lot of digging but there will be stuff in there eventually I'll find it

mrcure

Reaction score
@Newtothiss some call me crazy, others persistent, and my closest family members call me stupid. I don't know what pulls me down closer to the earth but it's magnetic ;). Maybe because I'm such a newbie that the excitement of 'what could be' gives me boundless adrenaline to complete the task. At the very least it will have been a very good workout if done safely and I did at get my first cork top from way down! Worth the memory alone this time.

@hemihampton I'll never forget this advice to keep going. I refuse to leave any stone unturned if the job can be done quickly and safely. I need to become a more strong/enduring digger as well as hone my bottle extraction skills a bit so these hard/unrewarding digs are totally worth it.

@Mailman1960 thank you for the encouragement as well. That brewery dig has got to be killer. If mother load is not where the entrance was, maybe very closer nearby has a dumping spot. How awesome.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
@Newtothiss some call me crazy, others persistent, and my closest family members call me stupid. I don't know what pulls me down closer to the earth but it's magnetic ;). Maybe because I'm such a newbie that the excitement of 'what could be' gives me boundless adrenaline to complete the task. At the very least it will have been a very good workout if done safely and I did at get my first cork top from way down! Worth the memory alone this time.

@hemihampton I'll never forget this advice to keep going. I refuse to leave any stone unturned if the job can be done quickly and safely. I need to become a more strong/enduring digger as well as hone my bottle extraction skills a bit so these hard/unrewarding digs are totally worth it.

@Mailman1960 thank you for the encouragement as well. That brewery dig has got to be killer. If mother load is not where the entrance was, maybe very closer nearby has a dumping spot. How awesome.
GIDDY UP
I used to go in the caves that people dug out when I was a kid 45 years ago. I will do everything I could to get in there believe me. Trying to recruit some youngsters to get into it.

I've got my hands full The area I've been in for the last 3 and 1/2 years, has produced just about everything, it is within two blocks of where I live lots to go after. You know it's something to do, some people go to bars, oh wait I do that too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221015-231152.png
    Screenshot_20221015-231152.png
    856.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20221010_133138_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221010_133138_HDR.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20221004_221154_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221004_221154_HDR.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20221005_220102_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221005_220102_HDR.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 82

hemihampton

Reaction score
oh, not a entrance to a Brewery but Entrance to Brewery Cellar. I'm familiar with those & been in one before. Back before Refrigeration they Kept the Kegs below ground in Cellars, sometimes cutting Ice from nearby Ponds, ect. to keep cold. LEON.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
oh, not a entrance to a Brewery but Entrance to Brewery Cellar. I'm familiar with those & been in one before. Back before Refrigeration they Kept the Kegs below ground in Cellars, sometimes cutting Ice from nearby Ponds, ect. to keep cold. LEON.
Yeah,where they backed wagons in, was huge. The road(cement now) was called plank road and was The main road out of Chicago. The area I'm in was nothing but beer gardens, saloons and stables

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Hey @Mailman1960 , I'm going to be making a follow up to my dig from yesterday here:

Essentially, I'm 15 feet down and hit water but have at least 5+ left to bottom. I did find a cork 3iii bottle at the water table, but nothing else.
How are you mitigating the water issue?

mrcure

Reaction score
Yeah,where they backed wagons in, was huge. The road(cement now) was called plank road and was The main road out of Chicago. The area I'm in was nothing but beer gardens, saloons and stables
That is such a privilege to dig a spot like this! Do you have another post on the site with all the details about this dig?

@Newtothiss because I'd like to stay low key, I'm thinking of using rope and bucket with a friend to help me haul out the nasty :D and then I need to hope it doesn't keep filling and that what I'm doing is safe for so many different reasons.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum