Help with Well Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mailman1960

Reaction score
@Newtothiss not preachy at all. I tend to overdo things and push myself way too far so yours and everyone's advice here for the time being was totally warranted.

The feeling of others worrying about my whereabouts and also the potential for a child or animal to fall into the open well was tearing me up inside so I had to fill it in for now. Once I get a better pulley system (buddy) I will be back at it. So far I've not had much luck finding a digging partner in this state of TN who is in sync with my new work schedule (off Wednesday-Friday) but I'm going to keep looking.
Do ya know anyone with a backhoe

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yeah, Digging a Well alone not a good idea, Was 4 of us on the last 15 foot Well I/We dug. And a Bucket, Rope & Ladder. BUT, Also digging a 7 foot Privy alone in Gang infested Latin Counts territory surrounded by burned down Crack Houses & having them pound on my Cars Glass Window with a Brick trying to Break into it not a good idea either but I did it anyways. LEON.

burnedSUV.JPG

mrcure

Reaction score
Do ya know anyone with a backhoe
Got a mini backhoe, one for moving boulders and pulling roots/digging holes. This site is a bit hard to reach with the backhoe unfortunately. For the right job I'm going to bust that thing out.

@hemihampton if only the well wasn't so far down and I had a damn rope ladder. I have the energy to do it but I have to admit its mentally intimidating to go past like 10 feet deep. And then breathing concerns, etc. When I went back this time I was able to bail out 3 feet or so of rain water but trying to jump in and out over and over would have been a monumental task. Also, digging down there earns you a scout badge lol. I want one for digging in Delray one day! The literal armpit of detroit.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Next time your in Town You'll be digging down there with me. It will be lots of Fun, Trust Me. LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Actually, about 3 weeks before I took this burned out SUV Pic, I must of dug/picked up about 30 or 40 Bottles right under this SUV. LEON.

Correction, 51 bottles.

Holebehindburnedhouse.JPG
Holebehindhouse2.JPG
bottlegroup2.JPG
burnedhouse2014.JPG

mrcure

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics