HESPERIDINA BARREL BITTERS ARGENTINA

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

xxfollyxx

Reaction score
Hey forum, helping my digging partner sort out part of a large bottle inheritance left to him by his father (the person who got us both into digging) Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this. Its a barrel bitters from Argentina. Label isn't perfect but Im sure its got some decent value.
embossing reads
HESPERIDINA
BAGLEY
UN BARRIL
INDUSTRIA ARGENTINA

about 10" tall
imagejpeg_2-2-1-1.jpg

imagejpeg_2_2-1-1.jpg

botlguy

Reaction score
This is one of those bottles that are on the fringe of BITTERS collections. Most USA collectors do not care much for Non-USA bottles and / or those without the embossed BITTERS, so the value tends to stay somewhat low in comparison to other Barrels. The label does add, IMO, a great deal to it's interestingness.

I believe at a well publisized auction it would bring in the mid 3 figures.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
It's an interesting barrel Travis. Jim is right, it borders the line in a bitters collection and the label with the word Bitter on it is what really makes alot of collectors add it to a collection. I have a full labeled and original contents example in my barrel run. The thing weighs like 5 lbs! I have also seen a full labeled sample before.

~Tim

100_2218.jpg

100_2222.jpg

GLOPTOP

Reaction score
I just sold the miniature version of this bottle, full labels, foil cap and contents, on ebay. Brought around $100. I have seen the larger size, with labels, sell for about the same. Could bring several hundred, but I doubt it would be in the middle range of 3 figures as Jim suggests.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado