Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Hey all. This bottle came out of Eastern Kentucky. ideas?

Mike Arthur

Nov 14, 2019
Thanks in advance!

I’m not sure the pictures tell the story, but the bottom has a K inside a shape (keystone/Knox?) and the number on the right looks like 1368.

The aggregate inside is noisy when shook.

I can barely make out a couple of letters on the screwcap. I’ve not tried to remove the rust on the cap but would burlap be the least destructive?

mike arthur
843 412-1992

Attachments

Last edited:

WesternPA-collector

Mar 10, 2018
Connellsville, PA
Welcome to the site. It's probably a 1968 bottle and that was the final year for that logo to be used by Knox Glass. Because they got sold to Glass Containers Corporation. I have no idea what is in the bottle.

CanadianBottles

May 24, 2014
I don't think that's a date code, the bottle looks too early for 1968 to me. I'd guess it dates to the 30s, but no clue what the cap said. If you want to find out, soaking the cap in lemon juice might remove enough of the rust to be able to read it. I don't know if you'll be able to remove it or not, it depends on how badly corroded it is.

RNorwood

Jul 17, 2019
The contents look very much like black powder. I know that some civil war reenactors store black powder in jars to keep it dry.

Mike Arthur

Nov 14, 2019
The contents look very much like black powder. I know that some civil war reenactors store black powder in jars to keep it dry.
thanks for your idea. Coincidentally I shoot black powder. The bottle contents were chunky and perhaps crystallized, almost metallic. Interesting thought, though.

Mike Arthur

Nov 14, 2019
The twist off cap has a few visible letters. M and E.

Thanks in advance!

I’m not sure the pictures tell the story, but the bottom has a K inside a shape (keystone/Knox?) and the number on the right looks like 1368.

The aggregate inside is noisy when shook.

I can barely make out a couple of letters on the screwcap. I’ve not tried to remove the rust on the cap but would burlap be the least destructive?

mike arthur
843 412-1992
wonder if we can figure it together.

embe

Jul 14, 2019
I've seen ink/paint dry out and look that way but unsure if it ever was packaged in a bottle like that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkman