Hi from an Upstate NY Bottle Digger

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BottleMaven

Reaction score
Hello, and thanks for adding me to this forum.
My name is Robin and I dig in a 150+ year old dump of the Camp Meeting Association where I’ve had a cottage for 35 years. I began just collecting interesting shapes and colors. I now have a collection of amber, green, and cobalt glass bottles along with the clear ones. As well, I have a small collection of ink bottles, finding three just this week. Here are some of what I've dug in the last couple days. Anyone know what the 12-sided, umbrella based bottle is? Ink bottle Is what I presumed. The other (round) ink bottle is only 1 3/4” high, so cute!
Thanks again for the add! I hope to learn a lot!
Edit: yes, there is an over supply of mustard jars in the photo! I bring them back because they make nice vases to give away with flower bouquets in.

Attachments

• E1818611-4B1F-4B23-A45D-223F82EC5C43.jpeg
    E1818611-4B1F-4B23-A45D-223F82EC5C43.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 143
  • BEA21855-3CD5-43D0-8AE2-40D9FCCCC6F9.jpeg
    BEA21855-3CD5-43D0-8AE2-40D9FCCCC6F9.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:

logan.the.collector

Reaction score
Hello, and thanks for adding me to this forum.
My name is Robin and I dig in a 150+ year old dump of the Camp Meeting Association where I’ve had a cottage for 35 years. I began just collecting interesting shapes and colors. I now have a collection of amber, green, and cobalt glass bottles along with the clear ones. As well, I have a small collection of ink bottles, finding three just this week. Here are some of what I've dug in the last couple days. Anyone know what the 12-sided, umbrella based bottle is? Ink bottle Is what I presumed. The other (round) ink bottle is only 1 3/4” high, so cute!
Thanks again for the add! I hope to learn a lot!
Edit: yes, there is an over supply of mustard jars in the photo! I bring them back because they make nice vases to give away with flower bouquets in.
Welcome to the forum. Nice to see another Upstate New Yorker on here. Nice bottles!

willong

Reaction score
Anyone know what the 12-sided, umbrella based bottle is? Ink bottle Is what I presumed.

Welcome to the site Robin.

Although I am by no means certain, I am more inclined to think that the 12-sided bottle was for perfume or a similar product rather than ink.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky