Hi from the middle of nowhere!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lindysofia

Reaction score
Wait a sec, I live in the middle of nowhere, must be a different zip code, or maybe has some thing to do with parish vs county.....we may never know

I’m sure it’s not the same place, I’d just rather not post where I live!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willong

Reaction score
Thank you!! I haven’t either! I have all kinds of theories though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know if the theories are half the fun; but they certainly comprise a significant portion of the joy of bottle digging for me--even when they don't pan out!

Welcome to the website and the addiction!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
In any such case , if you're in the middle of nowhere just take a step in any direction and you'll be on your way...:)

lisacachecreek8!

Reaction score
I’m new on this but I’ve been collecting bottles since my history teacher a few years ago in high school told me about the abandoned mining town near us. I’ve been exploring it and found some really cool things!! Now I’ve found out that my area is kind of a hotspot for mining towns that played out after 30-50 years so I’m on the hunt for all sorts of stuff in all sorts of places. Not to mention I am living next to an ancient Native American burial mound and there have been countless excavations in and around my town for the past century or so. Sorry for writing a book, I am just so fascinated and nobody my age (21) cares about these kinds of things!!! So maybe someone here will find some of my stuff interesting haha. Also if someone could tell me what they think that last clear bottle is I would be so happy!!!! I have a few guesses

lisacachecreek8!

Reaction score
lindysofia:
I live next to a indian burial ground. What we referred to as the Indian Mound. Have picked up beads of different sizes and many perfect arrowheads. Have done this for 30 years. It has exchanged ownerships now but when I get the chance, I still can find interesting things there. Not as plentiful tho.
Lisa

Reactions: Len

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi lyndisofia,
Do you own the land or have permission of any of them that your Indian artifacts come from? This might/might not be tricky legal territory. You may want to consider a local town/county museum in your will (or sooner). If the local tribe has any organization I believe they would be interested too. You are to be congratulated for saving them and the more recent artifacts, but please remember generally, the representative Native-Am. pieces at least, should be protected for the foreseeable future as a group/collection, so that they can be studied/learned from by future generations.

Last edited:

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Hi lyndisofia,
Do you own the land or have permission of any of them that your Indian artifacts come from? This might/might not be tricky legal territory. You may want to consider a local town/county museum in your will (or sooner). If the local tribe has any organization I believe they would be interested too. You are to be congratulated for saving them and the more recent artifacts, but please remember generally, the representative Native-Am. pieces at least, should be protected for the foreseeable future as a group/collection, so that they can be studied/learned from by future generations.
Or sold to the highest bidder...

Dje2004

Reaction score
I’m new on this but I’ve been collecting bottles since my history teacher a few years ago in high school told me about the abandoned mining town near us. I’ve been exploring it and found some really cool things!! Now I’ve found out that my area is kind of a hotspot for mining towns that played out after 30-50 years so I’m on the hunt for all sorts of stuff in all sorts of places. Not to mention I am living next to an ancient Native American burial mound and there have been countless excavations in and around my town for the past century or so. Sorry for writing a book, I am just so fascinated and nobody my age (21) cares about these kinds of things!!! So maybe someone here will find some of my stuff interesting haha. Also if someone could tell me what they think that last clear bottle is I would be so happy!!!! I have a few guesses
I live in pa and if you wood like I have three spots to dig from the 1849 to 1915 I live in Nicholson pa if you wood liketo dig some time am open to a diging partner here I've been diging bottles for going on 91/2 10 years now but archaeology is what got me in to diging bottles when I lived in phily but i always loved history but jast lat me no if you be interested though

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi