Hi from the middle of nowhere!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lindysofia

Reaction score
I’m new on this but I’ve been collecting bottles since my history teacher a few years ago in high school told me about the abandoned mining town near us. I’ve been exploring it and found some really cool things!! Now I’ve found out that my area is kind of a hotspot for mining towns that played out after 30-50 years so I’m on the hunt for all sorts of stuff in all sorts of places. Not to mention I am living next to an ancient Native American burial mound and there have been countless excavations in and around my town for the past century or so. Sorry for writing a book, I am just so fascinated and nobody my age (21) cares about these kinds of things!!! So maybe someone here will find some of my stuff interesting haha. Also if someone could tell me what they think that last clear bottle is I would be so happy!!!! I have a few guesses

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 99

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, sounds like you're in a good area for exploring and finding old things! I grew up in a similar sort of area and got interested in this sort of stuff the same way. I can't make out what your last bottle says, is the writing in English? The embossed image looks very familiar to me but I can't figure out what it's supposed to be.

lindysofia

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, sounds like you're in a good area for exploring and finding old things! I grew up in a similar sort of area and got interested in this sort of stuff the same way. I can't make out what your last bottle says, is the writing in English? The embossed image looks very familiar to me but I can't figure out what it's supposed to be.

72a4c5d116fe3f6e9e64ca951c070d44.jpg

It looks like it says Meg Ow’s maybe. The bottom has a 4, 8 and 7. I’ve tried doing a little research and haven’t found a single thing!! I’ve never even seen the logo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lindysofia

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. nice to see someone younger interested in this stuff. I've never seen that last clear Bottle before? LEON.

Thank you!! I haven’t either! I have all kinds of theories though.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
HI LINDYSOPHIA,
The design almost looks like a space ship. ..Maybe a liniment for many sore muscles + cords? [Meg(a) Ow(s)] --Ah, your first mystery. Keep us posted and welcome to our online club. Btw, the middle of nowhere is a place many want to go to but never get there. :cool:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
72a4c5d116fe3f6e9e64ca951c070d44.jpg

It looks like it says Meg Ow’s maybe. The bottom has a 4, 8 and 7. I’ve tried doing a little research and haven’t found a single thing!! I’ve never even seen the logo.

Ah that solves it then! It was paint or glue for making scale models. Megow's sold model kits.
1685287168051.png

CCB420

Reaction score
Wait a sec, I live in the middle of nowhere, must be a different zip code, or maybe has some thing to do with parish vs county.....we may never know

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown