Hi, I find bottles washed up on the beach near my house and want to post a few images to get help identifying their age and possible value.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Danna

Reaction score
Fuller1.JPG
George Washington.JPG
George Washington2.JPG

willong

Reaction score
Certainly has a 1930's, Art Deco appearance to that WA state bottle. I doubt there is any significant collector value for your machine made bottles at this time. However, as time progresses tastes change.

If you are on a Washington coastal or other salt water beach such as in Puget Sound or Hood's Canal, I'd say the condition of those bottles not exhibiting any sand wear says that you are close to where they are entering the water. That site is most likely an embankment with a dump on it recently eroded by wave action, or even a mudslide. Have similar bottles been washing up over a long period; or, is this a recent development after recent heavy rains?

willong

Reaction score
Please include a ruler or some common item for scale in your photos submitted in the future. And for machine made bottles always include a detailed photo of the bottle bases as requested by BottleEnthusiast. Personally, I'm not a collector of machine made bottle, but those who are can often provide a wealth of information from the codes present on those bases.

Dogo

DOGO
Reaction score
Looks like a whisky and any liquor bottle used between 1930 an1963 would have the "Federal Law Prohibits..." legend, so listen to your Uncle Bruce

Danna

Reaction score
Certainly has a 1930's, Art Deco appearance to that WA state bottle. I doubt there is any significant collector value for your machine made bottles at this time. However, as time progresses tastes change.

If you are on a Washington coastal or other salt water beach such as in Puget Sound or Hood's Canal, I'd say the condition of those bottles not exhibiting any sand wear says that you are close to where they are entering the water. That site is most likely an embankment with a dump on it recently eroded by wave action, or even a mudslide. Have similar bottles been washing up over a long period; or, is this a recent development after recent heavy rains?
Embankment with an old dump on it. King tides stirred up the bay and bank erosion produced these and a few others. :)

Old man digger

Reaction score
You never know what erosion might kick out next. Go back now and again, look for them on the ground or sticking out of the bank after heavy rains. Spring and summer are good for this. Good luck.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
I have seen the bottle on the right in your photo before. I think it was called the ROCK O LA bottle. It looks like the old rock Ola juke box of the 1930's and that puts the bottle in early 34-to-35-time frame. I saw a brown version on eBay a while back and if you like the deco look maybe another matching in a different would cause another branch of growth on your tree of collecting bottles. OMD

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu