Hi! I,m a new member. Info for blue bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

spunky2

Reaction score
Hello, I just started collecting. And would like to find out how to go about getting around in this site so I can find out info on the bottles I just started collecting. I have some I guess are colburt blue bottles. One has a M circled on the bottom with #2 to the right of it. Pontail mark, seam both sides to the lip with a ring aroun it. And I guess with a applied lip. Still learning from book ect.. 7" h., 9" round, flat sides. I would greatly appreaciate any help. I will try to post pictures later.
Thanks!
Spunky2

digger

Reaction score
hi im also a new member. a pic would be nice but i dont no how to put one on here myself lol. anyway these pontil marks are you sure thats whot it is as sometimes there is a ring which looks similar but is not. i say this as ive a few green/cobalt poisons with letters on the base M.. B but these are c1920s so a little late for pontils..although yes i no there still in use in some countries. but i suspect urs are not pontils . as for the #2 ..? as its def not 2oz as the bottles quite big. hope this help a little. if i can help more i will ..gez

IRISH

Reaction score
There is a thread in this section of the forum called " Help" started by Buffy, diggerjeff has posted all the info you need to post your photo' s in that thread.
You have both found the best place to learn about bottles and the hobby in general [:D] .

digger

Reaction score
cheers irish ill keep that in mind. i do have an ink that i cant find any info on so ill post a pic soon. see if anyone can help me out..gez

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora