Highlighted embossing makes for easy reading

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screwtop

Reaction score
DSC_0723.jpg

Some bottle purists might cringe, but I personally makes them stand out better, and is therefore more enjoyable to view. I won't do this to all of my bottles, but for those amber SS Cokes, it's a big improvement. I used an artists paint marker, witch comes off with nail polish remover easily.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
It does make them look better. And since they are yours you can do exactly as you wish with them. I've seen some people sell them that way. I think those are the same markers that some hobos use to tag railroad cars. I've photographed a lot.

Screwtop

Reaction score
It does make them look better. And since they are yours you can do exactly as you wish with them. I've seen some people sell them that way. I think those are the same markers that some hobos use to tag railroad cars. I've photographed a lot.
If it makes a mark, they'll use it on a freight car. Every train I photograph has graffiti on it.

embe

Reaction score
I can see the benefit if they were up on a shelf and the embossing would otherwise be hard to read.

Look pretty cool actually but I don't know if I'd have the patience, especially for the more complex ones like the A-B.

Screwtop

Reaction score
Also it's not like you are nuking your bottles or permanently changing them like this guy does:

I hate when they do that. It looks so un-natural, and it's deceptive. I found some nice Coca Cola knockoffs today on ebay, but I wouldn't buy them because they were irridated purple. How do they do that anyway?

Screwtop

Reaction score
I can see the benefit if they were up on a shelf and the embossing would otherwise be hard to read.

Look pretty cool actually but I don't know if I'd have the patience, especially for the more complex ones like the A-B.

The AB was a little difficult, but other than that, they're no problem. I found that the simple block letters on most of them were quite easy to do. The Coca Cola script wasn't so bad either.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
I hate when they do that. It looks so un-natural, and it's deceptive. I found some nice Coca Cola knockoffs today on ebay, but I wouldn't buy them because they were irridated purple. How do they do that anyway?
It is very deceptive because he doesn't even warn or say in the ads that they have been modified from original which is a violation of Ebay rules. To me it's ruining pieces of history that can't be gotten back. I told him about it before and he won't answer.

Patagoniandigger

Reaction score
View attachment 201488

Some bottle purists might cringe, but I personally makes them stand out better, and is therefore more enjoyable to view. I won't do this to all of my bottles, but for those amber SS Cokes, it's a big improvement. I used an artists paint marker, witch comes off with nail polish remover easily.
n
View attachment 201488

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu