Hire's ACL.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I found this Hires in a dump way back in mid October. Some one, Robby Raccoon I think asked if it's true to let sit a month to dry out before cleaning. I said Yes & That's what I do. SO, after 2 1/2 months I decided to clean it yesterday. Here it is. No Paint loss or no additional paint loss. Still has a little dirt
HiresBottle.JPG
P1090681.JPG
P1090682.JPG
inside. I need some new bottle brush's to get inside. Before & after pics. LEON.

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Yep looks nice....seams odd that today I picked up a nice embossed Hires that I've been wanting on20191231_150514.jpg the cheap, also grabbed a one dollar Coca Cola hobble-skit from Key West dated 1944.

Last edited:

slugplate

Reaction score
I found this Hires in a dump way back in mid October. Some one, Robby Raccoon I think asked if it's true to let sit a month to dry out before cleaning. I said Yes & That's what I do. SO, after 2 1/2 months I decided to clean it yesterday. Here it is. No Paint loss or no additional paint loss. Still has a little dirtView attachment 201008View attachment 201009View attachment 201010 inside. I need some new bottle brush's to get inside. Before & after pics. LEON.
Great pickup! The ACL is in mint condition and very appealing to the eye.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That turned out great! I don't dig a lot of ACLs but good to have the confirmation that letting it sit really does work.

Canadacan

Reaction score
That's a 6oz right?.....I wonder is we had a 6oz ACL in Canada?
That cleaned up nice BTW!

Eric

Reaction score
Wow.. don't know if I could wait that long... That turned out really nice.. I like the Hires ACLs... they have a nice design.
Congrats.

RoyalRuby - Can't beat Hobble-skirts for a dollar! Nice picks

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
That turned out great! I don't dig a lot of ACLs but good to have the confirmation that letting it sit really does work.

It doesn't *always* work, but does increase the chances it will many times. I dug a rare local milk with a WW2 back, but even after 30 days it still destructed. I think the minerals in the dirt it's found in has a lot to do with it.

Nickneff

Reaction score
I found this Hires in a dump way back in mid October. Some one, Robby Raccoon I think asked if it's true to let sit a month to dry out before cleaning. I said Yes & That's what I do. SO, after 2 1/2 months I decided to clean it yesterday. Here it is. No Paint loss or no additional paint loss. Still has a little dirtView attachment 201008View attachment 201009View attachment 201010 inside. I need some new bottle brush's to get inside. Before & after pics. LEON.
Turned out really nice you always got to be super careful of the silk Screen so easy to rub that off when cleaning you did a great job looks good

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
That really came out well! Nice find, Leon. I like the look of the hires almost as much as the orange bottles. Just pure nostalgia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora