HIRES / COCA COLA BOTTLE / eBAY / AWSOME PICTURES

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
This Hires / Coca Cola bottle might be priced on the high side @ $2,000, but the seller's pictures are worth their weight in gold. Its too bad all sellers don't go to such lengths to present their bottles.

Check it out. If you like good pictures, you're going to love these ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extremely-Rare-TEN-PIN-LYNCHBURG-VA-HIRES-ROOT-BEER-COCA-COLA-COMBO-SS-BOTTLE-/321217422912?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aca0ce640

B2C3E9F38F7A44F3B4158CD5FD777E03.jpg

Attachments

• B2C3E9F38F7A44F3B4158CD5FD777E03.jpg
    B2C3E9F38F7A44F3B4158CD5FD777E03.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 131

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Correction ...

Make that COCO COLA / HIRES ...

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
Its a very nice bottle. I saw it posted on Ebay 2 weeks ago for $5000.. .He lowered it a lot since then.

I would be all over that one if it was the scripted variant. Still very cool bottle none the less.

This would be the third variant of the HIRES/COCA COLA bottles

DanvilleHires_zps85ceecb7.jpg

DSCN01573_zpsd5945b8c.jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I just got an email notification indicating that someone placed a $2,000.00 bid on this bottle.

Plumbata

Reaction score
There is an amber Peoria 10-pin-esque hires/coca-cola in block letters just like the virginia example. If an aqua one is worth 2 grand I wonder what the amber would go for? Gotta go dig me some of those I guess, heh. Digging TOC privies would be awesome provided they've got a few of those in there. The older privies have been hit really hard but there's gotta be plenty of the '90s-'10s left behind.

Hey Dave, those pics look mighty familiar! [:D] I did find the tin of old lightning stoppers languishing deep in a box of random crap, and can send you 3 or 4 if you want more of them. Some of them still have soft rubbers, so they can indeed be sealed.

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata

There is an amber Peoria 10-pin-esque hires/coca-cola in block letters just like the virginia example. If an aqua one is worth 2 grand I wonder what the amber would go for? Gotta go dig me some of those I guess, heh. Digging TOC privies would be awesome provided they've got a few of those in there. The older privies have been hit really hard but there's gotta be plenty of the '90s-'10s left behind.

Hey Dave, those pics look mighty familiar! [:D] I did find the tin of old lightning stoppers languishing deep in a box of random crap, and can send you 3 or 4 if you want more of them. Some of them still have soft rubbers, so they can indeed be sealed.

Excellent ! Please just shoot me an email when you can and we can discuss further information on this. Since I collect a Illinois straight side Cokes bottles I seem to have A LOT of scripted Peoria variants. I believe there are 7 different variations and I currently have 6 . I originally did not realize Peoria had soo many variations.

My next question is that now that I know a block letter amber Peoria HIRES exists I bet my buttons there is a scripted one out there somewhere. I'd sell an arm or leg to get one of those as that would be essential in my collection. I just could not get myself to spend big $$ on anything block letters.

I really need to get out and also do some digging as these rare Peorias could also be in my general area. Ive for sure stumbled across other non Coke Peoria bottles. I'd be more that happy to accompany you on a dig some time also. I still have a lot to learn.

To me is seems the Sheikh is back buying higher end Cokes and believe hes the one who placed a bit for the one in question on Ebay.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
As most of you probably know by now, the eBay bottle sold to that single bidder for $2,000.00

Plumbata

Reaction score
The same buyer of the Va example is the high bidder at 2,200 for the Peoria example. Certainly sounds like the Sheikh is back in business. I had one of those Peoria 10-pins, though it had a 1 inch crack in the side. Sadly it was placed precariously on a shelf along with a bunch of junk bottles back in 2007 (before i knew how rare it was) and my dad accidentally knocked it off and it broke. No big deal really, but I wouldn't mind having it back. I haven't heard of any script font 10-pins, but I've discovered totally unlisted milks (not varients; totally unlisted businesses) more recent than the coke/hires pieces so they could be out there. I have my eyes on an 1870s-TOC neighborhood that I doubt has been dug, and which I am positive had access to SS cokes, as I have found them in the dump used by the 'hood. It'd be a blast to get into a TOC pit full of these things. Ya might have to take some time off next spring to do some heavy digging!

Fallon5

Reaction score
Hello...
I’m new and curious if anyone has found anything else out about value for this bottle? I have a brown one with hires on one side and Coca Cola on the other like the one pictured above in Uncle_jarvis’s post ... thanks for any input and help !

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown