HIRES ROOT BEER ~ vs ~ VERNOR'S GINGER ALE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODABOB

Reaction score
P.S.

I forgot to mention if you want one of the acl books by Christmas I will ship it now and trust you will send me a money order at the same time. I normally would not do it this way but will make an exception this one time because of the holidays. Just let me know and I will ship your book(s) today if I hear from you by 1:pM Pacific Time (4:pM Eastern Time).

SODABOB

Reaction score
Rich / iggy

Thanks. Its just a matter of eventually putting the pieces of the puzzle together ...

Happy Holidays to you, too!

Bob

Puzzled Brain (3).jpg

Puzzled Brain.jpg

SODABOB

Reaction score
Merry Christmas Motion Animation.gif

Have fun! I know I will! I get to see my grand kids who I haven't seen in four years.

Bob

SODABOB

Reaction score
Happy New Year Animation.gif

Leon

Even though I still haven't been able to find absolute confirmation that Hires Root Beer was introduced at the 1876 Philadelphia Centennial, I thought this article was interesting in that it says ...

"But his drink was not the big seller at the Centennial Grounds. That distinction fell to a beverage called Tufts Arctic Soda Water."

From ...

The Philadelphia Daily News ~ July 25, 1998

(An editorial by someone named George Edberg-Olson)

Hires 1998 Philadelphia Daily News July 25, 1998 (3).jpg

Hires 1998 Philadelphia Daily News July 25, 1998.jpg

I also thought this was interesting because its fitting to the season. I haven't tried it yet but might later today or tomorrow. I like eggnog but never had any that's flavored with root beer ...

The Philadelphia Daily News ~ December 23, 1961

Hires 1961 Daily News Huntington Pa. Dec 23 1961.jpg

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
Just checking in to let you know I'm still around but deeply involved with my oil painting. I'm also working on a brief history of the small town I grew up in. No such history has ever been compiled and hopefully one of these days I will be able to publish my work in the form of a small pamphlet-type book.

I tried eggnog with root beer and it was okay. To make it more enjoyable I added a shot of brandy, which made it even better.

Nothing new to report regarding Vernors Ginger Ale or Hires Root Beer, but I will keep my eyes peeled and report back if I find anything of additional interest.

Later alligators,

Bob

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2