Hires to Canada!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
Yes that ad is an eastern item. I have tried Hires hard root beer a couple of times, it's definitely different!..I think JD would be a better combo than vodka! :)
I'm not sure how Hires would do in todays market with Barq's and Mug out front, and A&W is readily available, then we have Orca Beverages out of Washington state bottling all the retro brands, Dad's, Frostie, Brownie, Ramblin,....they have about a dozen RB brands.
But I agree it would be great to see Hires make a come back!

true the competition in the soda market is very intense and less people are drinking sugary soda drinks than in years past due to health reasons and such

it only make sense to bring it back if they pulled Mug root beer and replaced it with Hires , then it automatically have a large market presence
as Mug is sold with pepsi drinks so anywhere that had pepsi would have Hires ( Harvey's , KFC , Pizza Hut , Subway, Boston Pizza ) a few examples

but then too , less people remember Hires , person would have to be at least 30 to remember drinking it , the younger crowd has never even heard of it

HouTxSoda

Reaction score
I've always thought Hires had great looking ACL bottle.
Thanks for posting your Hires collectables, you have some excellent items.

Canadacan

Reaction score
I've always thought Hires had great looking ACL bottle.
Thanks for posting your Hires collectables, you have some excellent items.

Thank you sir!.....Hires was my very first sign I ever got!, I picked this up way back around 1990...it's only a 80's item but I liked right when first I saw it! Forgot to post it! :)
20191220_133016.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
there is a Hires root beer cap on ebay , just noticed it , oddly says it for the Triangle bottling co ltd - Toronto Ont

which I had never heard of before ever , I checked my book and there is in fact a listing in Toronto for the Triangle bottling co ltd but its from late 30's era and then disappears .

maybe its that old ? I don't know and don't collect old bottle caps so never seen it before

hirescap.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
there is a Hires root beer cap on ebay , just noticed it , oddly says it for the Triangle bottling co ltd - Toronto Ont

which I had never heard of before ever , I checked my book and there is in fact a listing in Toronto for the Triangle bottling co ltd but its from late 30's era and then disappears .

maybe its that old ? I don't know and don't collect old bottle caps so never seen it before

RCO yes that is the older style with the Hires inside the blue circle used for most of the 1930's, latter the Hires extended outside the blue...I'm not positive the exact year that took place....maybe 1940 or so.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown