Historical Map Server

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BottleDig1

Reaction score
Hello, fellow collectors;
Is there an online map archive that shows the locations of old dumps? (for Alabama)
So far, I've searched The University of Alabama's map archive and topozone.com and came up empty.
If anyone knows of an archive with maps that show old dumps, please let me know. Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you and have a nice day,

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Bottledig - I'm guessing that you might have better luck checking with the town/city halls where your interested in looking. I know here in rural areas I can check with the local historical societies, I use them to meet members who have general knowledge of the area. This is how I found a 87 year who grew up in my house that only lives 1/2 mile away. She was able to give me info regarding outhouse location, old sheds etc. on my 1837 property. I & my wife also received permission from the decendant of the first settler of our town to check her back property with a metal detector to look for dump sites. Her house is 1743, and her family has lived in it since it was built. This is just a sugestion, in addition to possible dig sites, you get to meet and talk with some very interesting people.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky