Hit an old Farm dump! Todays Goodies!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Great jar with the bee on it! I'd bee very happy to dig that.[;)]

Wheelah23

Reaction score
That looks like terracotta to me, not redware... Anyway, that jar is really nice! I don't even like jars too much, but I love that one!

Genno62

Reaction score
Hey Guys Thanks for all the Feedback! Much appreciated! More pics to come tomorrow! Again Thanks!! Genno!

Bixel

Reaction score
The insulator is infact an Ohio Brass porcelain insulator.The value is very low, maybe a few bucks as it just is not a desirable insulator.

logueb

Reaction score
Great finds. I just love those old farm dumps. That's an awesome honey jar. And one smart buisness man. Get's a new wife and doesn't have to get the mold changed for his jars.[;)] Buster

Jon S.

Reaction score
Actually, FJ Strittmatter was only married once, in the times that the jar was created, wives were never mentioned in business, that was something that Frank was proud of having his wife by his side. The jar was made by the Ball Company and very few have survived over the years. Before the depression, Frank own most of what is called Bradly Junction in Cambria County, hotel, greenhouse, general store and of course the bee farm, The depression hit, his wife passed away, bees became I’ll and died off and he had basically lost everything. He packed up and left Pennsylvania, where his 2 youngest sons stayed behind on the farm. Not being heard from for many year, he showed up in the late 50’s early 60’s at his youngest sons home in Akron (Lakemore) Ohio and stayed till he passed away in the mid to late 60’s. I can still remember my great grandfather, FJ ( Frank) Strittmatter sitting in his easy chair.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky