Hobbleskirt Coke with 1916 date error

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
More images from the Chattanooga article, including the "empty L's" and the "squared off C's"

Attachments

• cf128b3dabcc46fa9703ea8419583453.jpg
    cf128b3dabcc46fa9703ea8419583453.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 78

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I still vote for "The Chattanooga Glass Company" because ... 1. Most of the evidence points in that direction2. Bill Porter leans in that direction Perhaps when I'm old and gray (which I already am [;)]) we'll know for certain.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
cowseatmaize said:
What do you get what you click the link? I still get to the new post area. Maybe a glitch?

When I click on one of Dmellman's "Render" links it opens to a new post but I don't know why.

sscokebottles

Reaction score
Hi yall. Wish I found this thread earlier! Just posting to say I too have one of these 1916 error bottles, so I guess that makes this bottle a little less rarer. It is ice blue, crudely made, but still 100% ABM nonetheless, and has a number 4 on the bottom. I'm looking over the exact lettering and such to see if the mold matches, and I will post pictures soon.

I've had this bottle for a long time now (about 4 years I think). I got it at the Kalamazoo bottle show for a reasonable price ($5-10 maybe, I don't remember). I thought it was special because of its color and the 1916 error date, so I emailed Reggie Lynch of antiquebottles.com on the bottle. He said mold errors were not uncommon for the time period and since it had no city, it was not that rare of a bottle, so I thought nothing of the bottle and it just sat on my coca-cola bottle cabinet as a curio for a while. But now because of all of your guy's extensive research and seeing an identical one sell on eBay for such a high price, I'm starting to think more of this bottle!

Again, I'll post pictures in a bit, but if there's anything specific you'd like to see, I'll be happy to deliver. I know this thread is fairly old, but thanks for all the information on this bottle!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac