Hobnail soda bottle-Owens of Illinois

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CCB420

Reaction score
Wasn't looking at my bottle at the the time, how's the saying go, 'your eyes are bigger than your mouth'! In this case my eyes were bigger than my bottle! Upon 2nd look, yea it's closer to 8"! But have seen one that looks same, maybe half the size

Grotondad

Reaction score
Not sure what they are, but they aren't soda bottles. Screw caps weren't used on soda bottles that far back, they hadn't figured out how to make them withstand the pressure from carbonation yet. These were probably used for some sort of food/beverage product, but could have been all sorts of things really.
Thank you! I've collected interesting old bottles for years, but have only recently attempted to identify any.

Grotondad

Reaction score
I found one of those about a month or so ago, first one I had found in over three years of digging, then oddly found another when I dug at my sons place a week ago, still no clue what they held. A pic of the first one I found, the other one still hasn't been cleaned. When I tried to find info on mine, the only way I found any listed on eBay was by searching "hobnail bottle" and go through all the listings, I think I found about three listed, none of them had labels.View attachment 240470

I found one of those about a month or so ago, first one I had found in over three years of digging, then oddly found another when I dug at my sons place a week ago, still no clue what they held. A pic of the first one I found, the other one still hasn't been cleaned. When I tried to find info on mine, the only way I found any listed on eBay was by searching "hobnail bottle" and go through all the listings, I think I found about three listed, none of them had labels.View attachment 240470
Thank you. You inspired me to fill mine with marbles.
20221029_104822.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum