Holmes Mineral Water

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

opmustard

Reaction score
Thanks for the post.
I have a donut top James A. Little in my collection. Its about mint, lucky to have had the chance to buy it years ago.
I had a cobalt Nash, pontiled, taper top near mint and I sold it because, well times were hard, couldn't work, lost my most of sponsership and Homeland Secruity wanted to deport me. Lawyer's fees were killing me.
Blah! Blah! Blah! sometimes life just doesn't go the way you had hoped.
opmustard

sandchip

Reaction score
Thanks for the post.
I have a donut top James A. Little in my collection. Its about mint, lucky to have had the chance to buy it years ago.
I had a cobalt Nash, pontiled, taper top near mint and I sold it because, well times were hard, couldn't work, lost my most of sponsership and Homeland Secruity wanted to deport me. Lawyer's fees were killing me.
Blah! Blah! Blah! sometimes life just doesn't go the way you had hoped.
opmustard

Deport an antique bottle collector? That's just wrong!

And boy, are you right about life.

opmustard

Reaction score
The deportation was about SS. Busch Jr. was aiming at primarily Americans from Vietnam who had no I.D. They were simply put on jumbo jets and flown over here at the end of war.
I was born in Japan after the WW2 in 49. My dad was an American engineer working for the U.S. He was a lead bomber on a B-17 in England before he was wounded on a mission over Germany ( back then they had no fighter cover, sitting ducks.)
He did all the paperwork for me to be a U.S. citizen with state dept. However, HomeLand Sercurity controled the state dept. So, I couldn't access my naturalization records. Even though I was in the Marine Corps from 67 to 71 and I did a tour and half in Vietnam, that still didn't cut it with them.
Make a very long story short, Danny Akaka was a long time family friend. I was living in Hawai'i and called him up, went in and talked to him, Danny being a Senator got my citizenship straighten out in 3 weeks.
Also, being a bottle collector helped because I gave Danny some choice Hawaiian hutches.
opmustard

opmustard

Reaction score
Thank you for very thoughtful post about my Holmes color. Took awhile to find a donut top Holmes, the color was a definite plus.
opmustard

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I recently (and finally) found a doughtnut lip, light green, iron pontil Holmes in very good condition.
Really like the doughnut lips.
opmustard
Looks like the lip on my moxie nerve food bottle. 1870-80 is my best guess.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

opmustard

Reaction score
My Holmes is iron pontiled and they only made a few donut tops. I've been told that the donut tops were made around 1840-1850. Age to me, doesn't matter as much as the donut top, color, it being iron pontiled and it being Holmes. I have a amber donut top that is smooth based and dates to around 1870-75 and I love it.
I simply love donut tops and taper tops.
That is pretty unusual Moxie you have there.
opmustard

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
My Holmes is iron pontiled and they only made a few donut tops. I've been told that the donut tops were made around 1840-1850. Age to me, doesn't matter as much as the donut top, color, it being iron pontiled and it being Holmes. I have a amber donut top that is smooth based and dates to around 1870-75 and I love it.
I simply love donut tops and taper tops.
That is pretty unusual Moxie you have there.
opmustard
No doubt. Just thinking off hand what else I have that had a donut top.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Csa

Reaction score
The deportation was about SS. Busch Jr. was aiming at primarily Americans from Vietnam who had no I.D. They were simply put on jumbo jets and flown over here at the end of war.
I was born in Japan after the WW2 in 49. My dad was an American engineer working for the U.S. He was a lead bomber on a B-17 in England before he was wounded on a mission over Germany ( back then they had no fighter cover, sitting ducks.)
He did all the paperwork for me to be a U.S. citizen with state dept. However, HomeLand Sercurity controled the state dept. So, I couldn't access my naturalization records. Even though I was in the Marine Corps from 67 to 71 and I did a tour and half in Vietnam, that still didn't cut it with them.
Make a very long story short, Danny Akaka was a long time family friend. I was living in Hawai'i and called him up, went in and talked to him, Danny being a Senator got my citizenship straighten out in 3 weeks.
Also, being a bottle collector helped because I gave Danny some choice Hawaiian hutches.
opmustard
I’m still looking for my first dug blob top or hutch let alone a donut top. But my main takeaway from this thread is I’m glad the government finally did right by you and straightened out your citizenship!! So you can keep diggin and displaying.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora