Holmes Mineral Water

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

opmustard

Reaction score
I’m still looking for my first dug blob top or hutch let alone a donut top. But my main takeaway from this thread is I’m glad the government finally did right by you and straightened out your citizenship!! So you can keep diggin and displaying.
Just keep digging, you'll find a dounut top and much more.
Never did care much for any political people, they always seem to take whatever they could steal from us.
opmustard

opmustard

Reaction score
Opmustard-Looks alot like this one.

ROBBYBOBBY64.
Thank your your reply and the picture of the Moxie bottle.
I have seen those online and at bottle shows.
I do like the shape, size and the embossing in my opinion different(really nice.) Just never really looked close up at one.
You have bottles packed up? Moving? just too many to display (that is me) or ?
opmustard

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Thank your your reply and the picture of the Moxie bottle.
I have seen those online and at bottle shows.
I do like the shape, size and the embossing in my opinion different(really nice.) Just never really looked close up at one.
You have bottles packed up? Moving? just too many to display (that is me) or ?
opmustard
I just needed to make space. I was painting the whole place. I did not want any mishaps. I had bottles everywhere. Way more than I should have out. Mainly because I was not putting any I recently acquired away. I have way too many to display at one time. I pull out a couple I really like. I display newly acquired for a while also. I am back to a couple bottles and I don't feel like I am cluttered.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

opmustard

Reaction score
I just needed to make space. I was painting the whole place. I did not want any mishaps. I had bottles everywhere. Way more than I should have out. Mainly because I was not putting any I recently acquired away. I have way too many to display at one time. I pull out a couple I really like. I display newly acquired for a while also. I am back to a couple bottles and I don't feel like I am cluttered.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Those are good reasons to have stored them (smart too)
I was living in Sonoma County (above S.F.) and went to my first bottle show in Santa Rosa, CA. Went crazy with bottles, even sold them for awhile. Started with figural bitters and then collected about every category at one time or another. Its when I went to an East Coast bottle show that I really found unbelieveable bottles.
Like you, I will sell a lot of my bottles to get a fresh start and get that uncluttered feeling (with exception of my sodas and mineral waters).

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Those are good reasons to have stored them (smart too)
I was living in Sonoma County (above S.F.) and went to my first bottle show in Santa Rosa, CA. Went crazy with bottles, even sold them for awhile. Started with figural bitters and then collected about every category at one time or another. Its when I went to an East Coast bottle show that I really found unbelieveable bottles.
Like you, I will sell a lot of my bottles to get a fresh start and get that uncluttered feeling (with exception of my sodas and mineral waters).
I have lost some due to stupid reasons. I always love a deal, those I usually sell. Ones I plan on keeping i usually spend more on. I have changed over the years. Started out in acl's years ago. I still have lots of them. I used to like the unopened full bottles. I am now running into issues with failing/compromised seals. The caps rust from the inside out. Once that happens the liquid starts to flow mold. It is disgusting. Now I only collect attic found mint with the original closures. Medicines with everything. The label , box and pamphlets. Full if I can get it. Hope corks have more longevity. I think they do. Good talking.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

opmustard

Reaction score
I have lost some due to stupid reasons. I always love a deal, those I usually sell. Ones I plan on keeping i usually spend more on. I have changed over the years. Started out in acl's years ago. I still have lots of them. I used to like the unopened full bottles. I am now running into issues with failing/compromised seals. The caps rust from the inside out. Once that happens the liquid starts to flow mold. It is disgusting. Now I only collect attic found mint with the original closures. Medicines with everything. The label , box and pamphlets. Full if I can get it. Hope corks have more longevity. I think they do. Good talking.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
I didn't know that about the caps failing, but it makes sense that after time they would.
I like deals as well. I usually sell them to make a little money or I'll buy a deal that has something that I want for my collection and sell off the others. Usually, it works out.
Yeah, I done really stupid things with some of my bottles. Those, I seem to remember and stupidly regret.
There was a time when I was interested in art deco type of sodas, but my work was very demanding and I didn't follow through with pursuing that itch.
I collect almost all corkers. Mostly pontiled sodas, mineral waters, embossed o/p (rarely iron pontiled) mustards. Have a very weak point for o/p meds, but I always end up selling them for something mentioned above.
I love your picture for the website.
Do the Moxies ever come in colors?
Its good talking with you.
opmustard

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I didn't know that about the caps failing, but it makes sense that after time they would.
I like deals as well. I usually sell them to make a little money or I'll buy a deal that has something that I want for my collection and sell off the others. Usually, it works out.
Yeah, I done really stupid things with some of my bottles. Those, I seem to remember and stupidly regret.
There was a time when I was interested in art deco type of sodas, but my work was very demanding and I didn't follow through with pursuing that itch.
I collect almost all corkers. Mostly pontiled sodas, mineral waters, embossed o/p (rarely iron pontiled) mustards. Have a very weak point for o/p meds, but I always end up selling them for something mentioned above.
I love your picture for the website.
Do the Moxies ever come in colors?
Its good talking with you.
opmustard
Only ones I have seen are the clear ones and aqua that range from light green to the blueish. All aqua though. I want to say I remember an amber one but I am not sure. Would not surprise me. Came in a variety of lips too. Do you collect from certain cities,, local or anything that strikes you. I like local stuff but still too limited for my taste. I pretty much have bottles from all over the states. No canadian ones to date. O/P meds I have. No sodas with O/P but iron pontiled. Thanks for the reply.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Last edited:

opmustard

Reaction score
Only ones I have seen are the clear ones and aqua that range from light green to the blueish. All aqua though. I want to say I remember an amber one but I am not sure. Would not surprise me. Came in a variety of lips too. Do you collect from certain cities,, local or anything that strikes you. I like local stuff but still too limited for my taste. I pretty much have bottles from all over the states. No canadian ones to date. O/P meds I have. No sodas with O/P but iron pontiled. Thanks for the reply.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Collect sodas & minerals by color, pontil (mostly) shape of the bottle (taper & donut tops, long necks, embossing). Mustards o/p or iron pontil-rare, shape, very important is the embossing. Mainly anything in the U.S.
opmustard

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch