Homestead advice?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Something worthwhile kept them there. Same occupants/family? What changed to cause them to leave? Hmmm. --If there is a well its going to be pretty dangerous. In that remoteness, by yourself?--Nah. Pursue other options first.

Newtothiss

Reaction score
The wife died, kids were grown and had moved on. The man left a few years after her death.

GAjosh

Reaction score
Do you have a probe?

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Roy

GAjosh

Reaction score
Any privy or dump ive ever found here in Savannah, GA ive found with a probe. You can find them on ebay for like $60. Most diggers make their own around here. Just make sure you have a ball tip not a pointed one.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Newtothiss

Reaction score
I was thinking of just ripping off an appropriate sized piece of metal from one of the vehicles.

An actual probe is on the to-do list, but so are a laundry list of other things.

GAjosh

Reaction score
I was thinking of just ripping off an appropriate sized piece of metal from one of the vehicles.

An actual probe is on the to-do list, but so are a laundry list of other things.
I usually see diggers make them with trunk rods out of old cars. Caddys are ideal. Then they weld a t-handle on and a blob of metal on the end bigger than the rod so its easier to push. Nothing more satisfying than the ting of glass 3 ft underground.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

garybecophx

Reaction score
I think there may still be some worthwhile stuff out there, as it was never on any maps, and the closest house today is miles away.

Congrats on the find. I’m new here, bare with me.
I live in AZ and found four sights, two dump sites and two old horse coral sights. I’ve made several trips to these sites and always find more and better stuff. The newest site has turned up a lot of bottles. It’s always a new adventure every time. Good Luck and Happy Hunting

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
He's a trooper--after going thru that rain forest--a paratrooper. Don't worry "Adventure" is Newtothiss' middle name! (Among others). :cool:
Btw, welcome to our online club.

garybecophx

Reaction score
He's a trooper--after going thru that rain forest--a paratrooper. Don't worry "Adventure" is Newtothiss' middle name! (Among others). :cool:
Btw, welcome to our online club.
Thank You Len

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu