HotDog roller???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Worldcupkeeper

Reaction score
Ive been thinking alot lately about tumblers, could someone not use a hot dog roller minus the hear? The ones ive seen turn very slow and could possible hold a canister, with none or a little modifying. So anyone try it?
http://www.astrotent.com/Hotdog%20Roller.jpg

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
stopples is the real trick, the tube is easy... when you get that don buy a used treadmill (if you dont already have one) it would only take minor alterations to keep it from coming off the end

thats what im doing

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
I hope you share pics of that contraption when it's done you little Edison you.

if my calculations are correct[:D].....it should look like a treadmill with tumbler tubes on it......it wouldnt need any work done to it except something to keep them from rolling off the down hill end

who am i kidding...OF COURSE MY CALCULATIONS ARE CORRECT!

LC

Reaction score
I have seen a few tumblers here locally over the years, that are nothing more than a short length of conveyer rollers with a motor & belt attached to it. They work quite well too. I bought an eight foot length roller some years ago in case I wanted to try and built a tumbler later on. Finally never figured I would ever build one, so I sold it some months back to a guy who needed a piece in his skid shop. Then I came onto this bottle site, got the fever all over again, and now I can not find another piece of conveyor rollers!! If you would use one of them, and set it up right, you could roll six or eight bottles at a time, if you had enough cylinders to do so.

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
think about it.... a treadmill is basically what? a variable speed conveyer belt right? well you can put as many tubes on it as you can stack when you get to the top you can put some on top of those and do it in layers, sound like a good idea, NOW? could you imagine how many bottles you could have spinning at once with that?

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
Tell dad to check the insurance policy and make sure he's covered for exploding treadmills

your new nickname is "Negative Nancy" a treadmill will work just fine, they are made to pull hundreds of pounds for hours on end you dont think it will run 10 or 20 for a couple days? if not then i hate to say you seriously need to rethink your position

but i already built my tumbler and i didnt use a treadmill like i planned i went with a SKATEBOARD and it works like a dream!

LC

Reaction score
I want to see a picture of that tumbler YOUNG FELLER !

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky