How can I improve?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jimmy Langford

Reaction score
I don’t like the thought of a light box per se. Solely because my room is already VERY cluttered with antiques. I do have a set up, but I’m realizing how lacking it is. How can I improve ? Also, anyone know what the little clear bottle is by the MOM bottle? Any Texas bottle collector would know.
AD409DBE-60DD-4179-AEA5-0C05617EE08C.jpeg

D82F4539-3E7C-4EAB-8EC2-4783A0A3FE13.jpeg

5D787594-4B54-4EB2-B77C-785E7FF496C7.jpeg

matthew lucier

Reaction score
I don’t like the thought of a light box per se. Solely because my room is already VERY cluttered with antiques. I do have a set up, but I’m realizing how lacking it is. How can I improve ? Also, anyone know what the little clear bottle is by the MOM bottle? Any Texas bottle collector would know.
View attachment 230013
View attachment 230012
View attachment 230014
I'd say get rid of the paneling. it seems to blend everything together making it hard to see what's what. Not that it's a bad thing to blend, it's just harder to separate when blended so well.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

embe

Reaction score
In our old place we painted the paneling a lighter color and what a world of difference. The wood "furniture" didn't blend in, and really lightened things up.

Toma777

Reaction score
When it comes to displays, mirrors help a lot, and they add spaciousness to a room. I added mirrors into my glass display cabinets, and it really helped lighten things up, and gives a 360 degree view of the items inside the cabinets.

A lot of my bottles are in oak books shelves (without mirrors). I probably should add mirrors to them also. ;)

Old Wiltshire

Reaction score
PHOTOGRAPHING BOTTLES
-
Before acquiring a light box and a larger illuminated 'shooting' table I used this very simple set up using natural daylight which achieved good results.
You don't have to use a tri-pod but just something solid and steady on which to rest your camera or phone, this gives a consistent distance and angle from the subject if taking photos of a number of items. It takes a little experimenting to suit your own particular circumstances but with very little effort or expense I think everybody could achieve reasonable results.

-

-

-

-

-

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora