How did you get your name?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rockbot

Reaction score
I had a job at a lumber yard back in the early 80's and this tough guy bully was an ass to some of the other workers. My second week on the job he started acting stupid to me so knocked him good. I left the job thinking it was over and the next day the foreman came to my house and said
" hey Rocky the guys won't work if you're not there" I added the "bot" for bottles.
I should also mention that my last name is Sylvester. So you kinda get the picture.

Aloha, Rocky

cyberdigger

Reaction score
That's a great story, Rocky!! ..shatters the idyllic, peaceful, grass skirt shakin ukelele strummin image of Hawaii for me, but we gottta grow up eventually I guess..[;)]

helgramike

Reaction score
A few years back (quite a few) I was going to college in the mountains a Virginia to get a degree in Wildlife Management. At the time we were doing stream survey work with shock sticks and identifying species of fish, aquatic insects, etc. Back then I was a bit of a hell raiser (I have since reformed) and in the morning after an especially long night (of studying I'm sure) I looked a little worse for wear. My roomate told me that I looked like something that crawled out from under a rock. Since my name is Mike it only seemed natural to add the Helgra prefix and a nickname was born. By the way for those that don't know, a helgramite is an insect larvae that lives under rocks in streams ansd are great bait for trout fishing.

Strange but true.

capsoda

Reaction score
Wildlife Management...Virginia ..........Virginia ...Wildlife Management......Now that could be misleading!!! [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Mr. Fred sounds like the middle aged (notice I didn't say old) uncle in his favorite chair with a sweater on and his pipe lounging in front of the fire place.

In the AF the kids all called me Pops. They were all 18-19 and I was 24. They never called me Old Man because the only one who ever did had to run with me. Age and endurance, man, age and endurance. Just like when I was a kid, youth just makes a lot of noise. [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

cordilleran

Reaction score
Somewhere in the Great American Southwest
Heat and pressure...and time. The cordilleran geosyncline is a linear trough in the Earth's crust in which rocks of Late Precambrian to Mesozoic Age (roughly 600–65 million years ago) were deposited along the western coast of North America. Basically, the visual results of the cordilleran geosyncline are the Rocky Mountains. I'm particularly fond of the Grand Tetons myself for their perky, sexual in-yer-face attitude. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. But in geologic process we are all returned to a watery existence...and then reformed. Hey, Glass Man, sounds like rebirth, does it not?

rockbot

Reaction score
Hi Bob,
the clown ended up cutting a finger off on one of the shop saws a few weeks later and went out on workmans comp. Never did see him after that.

Aloha, Rocky

Dugout

Reaction score
On our land the homesteaders came out to live in their sod houses and there are four rows of these right here. All that remains are sunken spots in the ground where their "dugout"s used to be.

DJFALLS

Reaction score
DJFALLS= Dave Johnson and I photograph water falls. We have a lot of em here in the northwest.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis