How did you get your name?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Stardust

Reaction score
Glass man [8D] when are we going to see your [:)] face and maybe Nina's? I'd love to see what you both look like really soon like tomorrow..... Could you do it for me?
[align=center]P L E A S E?

[/align] >>>>>>----------------Pretty please with sugar on it? [;)]---------------------->

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Osia Boyce, was the feller who owned and lived on the land where I now reside. He was married to my Great-G-G Aunt Maisy and drove my Mommas school bus in the 40s. Dead way before my times. For over 50 years the tract of land I live on was known as the "Osia Boyce or Ozher Bowie Place" dependes on who was corrupting his name. I build a house here and all that changes overnight. Now it's "Going over to Pats, be back sometimes"

EA727D9BEA8B4CCFB591A5A6E6D2966B.jpg

Attachments

• EA727D9BEA8B4CCFB591A5A6E6D2966B.jpg
    EA727D9BEA8B4CCFB591A5A6E6D2966B.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 54

welddigger

Reaction score
I weld to put food on the table and pay the bills. I dig /collect bottles to keep me from going insane!!!!!!

sloughduck

Reaction score
Ok This one is easy for me.I live in a town called Suisun( Patwin Indian for place of the west wind) Here in California. Started in 1841 by Captain Josiah Wing.We border the largest salt water marsh in the continental USA. Lots of waterfowl : Ducks. Lots of interconnecting waterways: Sloughs. Hence sloughduck

Wilkie

Reaction score
Don, welcome! I'm glad to see you made it to the forum. I saw your posts on the pig but didn't realize it was you until your post here about how you became sloughduck! There are some really great people here and I enjoy coming here several times a week to read up, ask questions and share pics. I've met 3 people off the forum here in real life, 2 from Rio Vista and one from Vacaville. All great guys. The forum will really benefit from your knowledge.

danboone

Reaction score
That's easy....danboone came from the fact my 6th great grandfather was the pioneer, Daniel Boone. My lineage....Daniel Boone, Daniel Morgan Boone, Ratcliff Boone, Joseph R. Boone, Daniel Boone, Bertha Daniel Boone (maternal grandmother), my father, then me. Happy New Year everyone!

bombboy

Reaction score
Great story danboone, I can't touch that one. But mine is easy, yes I work with bombs, explosives and the like, and though not a "boy" anymore, one can still dream can't I???

Happy New Year

Bombboy

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Redginger,
Great idea for a thread. Lots of interesting stuff here. I love how threads transform with people's history, stories, and humor. My handle, however, has no major subtleties. -Bob

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky