How many versions are there.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Timelypicken

Reaction score
I collect porcelain Ball lid tops because I know there are a bunch of different versions, and I was wondering how many versions there are in all if anybody knows. Sorry for the bad pictures they are hard to take good pictures of. The 3rd one has B72 on it and I was wondering what that meant

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 407
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 411
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 389
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 389
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 426

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Porcelain lined zinc lids were made for about 100 years, by several different manufacturers. If you're only collecting the liners that came inside Ball zinc lids, you may already be pretty close to everything they made. However, some of the really old lids come with the company logo (CFJ Co. , Hero Cross, Rosette) embossed in the center of the liner which could expand your collection by quite a bit.

Also, any number embossed in the center of the liner is most likely a mold number

Timelypicken

Reaction score
Porcelain lined zinc lids were made for about 100 years, by several different manufacturers. If you're only collecting the liners that came inside Ball zinc lids, you may already be pretty close to everything they made. However, some of the really old lids come with the company logo (CFJ Co. , Hero Cross, Rosette) embossed in the center of the liner which could expand your collection by quite a bit.

Also, any number embossed in the center of the liner is most likely a mold number
I have one with 5 in the center, and mine either have Boyd’s porcelain or they have no logo. I don’t have a lot of the porcelain liners I know there are several more I don’t have whole

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Most liners where made of milkglass. They can be found in foggy aqua, green and blue. Relatively few were actually made of porcelain. As far as dating them exactly it is virtually impossible, though some can give you a ballpark time made by the manufacturers mark.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Timelypicken

Reaction score
Most liners where made of milkglass. They can be found in foggy aqua, green and blue. Relatively few were actually made of porcelain. As far as dating them exactly it is virtually impossible, though some can give you a ballpark time made by the manufacturers mark.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
I’ve never seen colored ones. I have 2 or 3 porcelain ones

Timelypicken

Reaction score
Ok sorry. I can’t find any images of colored ones besides milk colored

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member