Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

how rare is it?

Bytown digger

Canadian digger
Jan 29, 2020
ottawa,ontario Canada
hi new here and thought i would start off with my strangest finds,from what little i was able to find is made around 1920s.any and all info is greatly appreciated ty.the size is 11 inch long .

Attachments

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

May 24, 2014
Hey nice to see someone else from Ottawa on here, welcome to the forum! Can't say I've seen one of those dug before. Not to be gross but I'm pretty sure that's a urinal bottle, likely for hospital use. 1920s definitely seems right if you found it in Ottawa, seems like everything that there is to find in Ottawa is from the 20s or 30s.

Bytown digger

Canadian digger
Jan 29, 2020
ottawa,ontario Canada
Hey nice to see someone else from Ottawa on here, welcome to the forum! Can't say I've seen one of those dug before. Not to be gross but I'm pretty sure that's a urinal bottle, likely for hospital use. 1920s definitely seems right if you found it in Ottawa, seems like everything that there is to find in Ottawa is from the 20s or 30s.
hi i have 2 sites i dig in the city 1 is 20s an up an other is 1890 possibly earlier.check out some of my finds on facebook

sandchip

Sep 1, 2008
Georgia
No mention of size, but bed urinal or ink are reasonable guesses. The mouth finish make me lean toward the former. Depends on how big or small it is.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone