How to determine the value of old soda and dairy bottles, and where to sell.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

EdsFinds

Reaction score
I am forced to make space in the house. I have several old soda bottles and some dairy bottles, as well as some other kinds of bottles. However, most are not in "great" shape, having some sorts of issues, most have worn ACL labels or maybe a crack. Nevertheless, I certainly do NOT want to just throw them out. Could anyone give me some suggestions as to how to determine value? I will sell them as a lot to anyone interested save a few that have obvious value). I have pictures of most of them and will take the rest of the pictures as needed. Please get back to me as I do not want to throw them away. The below pics are example of ones I've found. I took pics of them RAW as I found them on site.

Attachments

• 20200104_144653~2.jpg
    20200104_144653~2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 339
  • 20200108_141412.jpg
    20200108_141412.jpg
    570.1 KB · Views: 342

EdsFinds

Reaction score
I will try to start photographing my entire collection. I understand that the Pepsi bottle is not worth a whole lot, but should I just throw it away? I'm thinking someone might be interested in it if I include it as part of a larger collection. Thanks, I'm clueless. I just found a 6.5oz coke a cola bottled buried in the muck in the bay in Summers Point. NJ. It was made in Jan. 1966 in Atlanta Georgia.

EdsFinds

Reaction score
Thanks. I will take pics of indiviual ones of interest, then as a whole.

Dogo

DOGO
Reaction score
I have a lot of bottles that that, in order to sell, I have to find someone "dumber than me, but with more money." I am afraid there are very few collectors who are looking for those examples. Price them cheap at a yard sale or flea market.

martyfoley

Reaction score
I have a lot of bottles that that, in order to sell, I have to find someone "dumber than me, but with more money." I am afraid there are very few collectors who are looking for those examples. Price them cheap at a yard sale or flea market.

I like that saying, "dumber than me, but with more money". Gotta write a song with that phrase, thanks.

EdsFinds

Reaction score
Ha, ha. Yeah, that is a neat phrase. Gotta remember that one.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp