Howarth’s Carminative?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PorkDaSnork

Reaction score
What in the world is this? Have found barely anything about it. Embossed “Howarth’s Carminative Mixture” on one side. Dug it up in the Parry Sound area.

image.jpg

Grippen

Reaction score
Eases the stomach of colicky babies I think. Screw top? Dig Deeper wherever you got it! My daughter screamed bloody murder her first 6 months

PorkDaSnork

Reaction score
Eases the stomach of colicky babies I think. Screw top? Dig Deeper wherever you got it! My daughter screamed bloody murder her first 6 months
Yeah I found out that carminative mixtures were for babies who wouldn’t stop screeching. Most of that stuff had opium in it though... not sure I’d like that in an infant
This has pretty much been the first time I’ve found anything that there’s been literally nothing on. I have found lots of Vaselines, couple Nervilines, Hudnut perfume, Eaton drug co but never anything that was as unknown as this.

Grippen

Reaction score
Back in the day, you could put a bunch of inert material together with heroin or cocaine, opium and put it in pill or liquid form and advertise it as a miracle cure for anything.I guess after all the countries found out they were turning their people into zombies letting this go on, they put a stop to it.so yeah they were probably hundreds of chemical companies that you'll come up with that you won't be able to track down.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu