Howdy All!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mailman1960

Reaction score
OK Teddy, its good to meet a hollerin OC! I like your energy and drive. There's more than a few OGs in the club here. Where you be from? Southern/Western/elsewhere??? In any case, welcome to our online community. :)

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Welcome lots good people willing to help on this site.
I have to agree with first post, you quite a few one at a time. Giddy Up

The OC

Reaction score
Leave em' be. Make certain they are 1000000% dry before trying to clean ACL (exterior), and even then, go easy!

I've ruined some cool ones...

Cool bottles tho.

Interior is easy. Tiny bits of copper wire (12 AWG or close), warm soapy water and vigorous shaking.
OK Teddy, its good to meet a hollerin OC! I like your energy and drive. There's more than a few OGs in the club here. Where you be from? Southern/Western/elsewhere??? In any case, welcome to our online community. :)

The OC

Reaction score
Why thank you for everythin' Newtothiss!. This place is grate! So helpful. I done like you said and it wurk'd! Yes! Like a genie in a bott'l. No damage and ther sparklin'.

To answ'r yur question, I'm not shur whare I wuz born, 'xactly. Sumewhere in wester'n Missouri. I was told my Pa was a Sicilian gangster of sum sort. My Ma wus some kinda Irish hooker. He was marryed with a big f'amly and she wus his g'frend. I wus born illigit, handicaped and not wanted. She disapear'd back east and i nev'r met her and I wus putup fer 'doption. That wus all I no.

It took a few years befor I was taken in by my adopt'a folks in souther'n Indiana. They were gud peple. They done ther best. They was old. More like gran'folks, but
kind. I left at 19 for Hawa'i, then the south pacific. Life wus hard. I made it to Lost Angeles thinkin' i culd act. That didn' hapen. I went to tha Big Ez -Na'Orleans.
BIG mistak. Life wus hard on the street.

Now? I get by in the desserts back'n Cali. I been buncing arond in my RV fer yers now. I kep getin run off our Nationall campgrunds by Rang'rs. Even emty parks! The desserts of of Riverside, Kern, Ventura and San Bernahdoo Countys is home. Now? I live in a strange place called Hinkly, Californa. its ezy to find stuf here. Itz A ghosd town cuz of bad water from sum 'lectrik utilty company. Itz cheep to live here but ther people are weurd. The water sucks and the air stinks. Up the road thers a trash fire they cant put out.

I wanna go back to Indiana tho. Thats wut the bott'ls ar all about. I no ther jus bott'ls but I gots other stuff to sell to. I no afew folks ther in Indiana. Id be welcum. I jus no it!

The OC

Reaction score
Welcome lots good people willing to help on this site.
I have to agree with first post, you quite a few one at a time. Giddy Up
YeeHaw! Thanks Mailman'60! I like good pepl'. I met a buncha roten ones in my life. i can tel the diference.

The OC

Reaction score
I just cleaned this 1952 ACL bottle with an alcohol prep pad yesterday. After finding the bottle in the ground the same day. I stand by my results. Alcohol removes the dirt but not the paint.

View attachment 239560
Grate comment! Nuthin like a mesage in a bott'l! I found one once on a beach in Tahiti... all the way from Japan!

The OC

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! That's a lot of named Mountain Dew bottles in one place! I recommend selling one at a time in an auction, since you said auctions are what you prefer. Personally I prefer "buy it now" but that's just me. With the economy in the gutter, you may only get a few bids on a bottle. Many people don't have disposable income to spend on hobbies now. Try cleaning them with alcohol prep pads. Just don't press too hard on that ACL. Making them look more clean and presentable should get a better price.
Thanks guys! Whaat means ACL?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi