Huge lot of bottles info needed all for sale? Anyone know anything

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Smitty01153

Reaction score
Dug up a huge lot of old bottles at my grandmothers. I know they are all early 1900 but need help dating them, looking to sell also. See pics
image.jpg
any help or interest in dating these would be appreciated. If you’re interested in buying email me @ smittysportscards01153@gmail.com and we can do the sale through eBay.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 347
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 363
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 351
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 349
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 358
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 353
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 346
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 339
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 350

embe

Reaction score
Where are you located?

sandchip

Reaction score
Although you may have other more valuable pieces in the lot, the ones pictured are of minimal value and very hard to sell. I usually just give bottles like that away at yard sales in hope that it may pique one's interest in our hobby.

Flasks

Reaction score
I agree with "sandchip" comments. However, don't stop looking as eventually the better valuable bottles will show up. Dedication, perseverance, along with a POSITIVE attitude, are the hallmarks of a successful bottle hunter/digger. First, find historic old homes that no longer exist that predate 1900, dig along the inner stone basement wall. DON'T QUIT ,if at first nothing shows up...eventually one of these old houses will produce...just remember, if you don't have the three attributes I mentioned then you're in the wrong hobby.

J.R. Collector

Nomad Bottle Collector
Reaction score
The Singer sewing machine is pretty nice. I also love those ammunition cans in the pic.

Troutmaster08

Reaction score
Does that first bottle appear to be poorly made ( lip of the bottle, ect. ). If so i have a very similar bottle.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Original poster has not been back in here since he made that post. I don't know why one hit wonders come in here to ask questions never to return after asking the questions?

TrashPanda

Reaction score
Seems to separate sellers (one hit wonders) from collector/diggers . No a big fan of just a bunch of price/selling questions. I prefer the stories behind the finding and digging, then all the info about bottle usage and history of the bottler.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Not every bottle is valuable, but the hunt and history are to me priceless. People obviously join to find info on a bottle they got or found thinking they hit the jackpot. When they find out that it is common or worse...a slick. We never hear from them again. Try not to feel used. That is kind of what we are here for.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu