Hullo, Noob Here!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GlassKitTin

Surface Scratcher
Reaction score
Hello all! After doing a lil lurking, and learning some, I’ve figured I should say hi, and introduce myself. I’m Kit, from southeastern Portage, in Ohio.

I’m new to the whole bottle finding and such, but I’ve been into glass and bottles and just finding neat lil old things that catch my eye at like yard sales and stuff since I was a kid. Still sort of a kid, least in my mind, though my mid-30’s mom-bod begs to differ

Discovered this great lil site after finding and searching (but not digging, just surface stuff) my first ever dump in the middle of the woods while on a mushroom-hunting hike with my husband and a friend. Found a few neat lil things I ended up googling, led me here! Been quietly checking things out ever since.

Seems most of the stuff I’ve picked up in my adventures is not rare or worth much, but that’s ok, I just pick things that catch my eye, neat size or shape, or colour especially. Very fond of the blue Vick’s jars, for example. Not really looking for true treasure, just stuff I like, which makes it fun

Anyway, just popping in to say hi, and thanks for having this resource on cool old bottles and glass!

P.S. This pic is stuff hubs and I found on our hike today! I’m very proud of my light blue Vick’s jar find, and the lil cold cream jars he found ☺

36D152EC-A44D-4591-9C45-93FACB585EA0.jpeg

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Sha.org/bottles is a great resource to read through if you want to get in-depth into the hobby.

GlassKitTin

Surface Scratcher
Reaction score
Oh wow, thanks! That looks like a very thorough site! Bookmarking for future reference, will definitely be useful. That’s so awesome! :cool:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch