Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Huntsville Ontario Dairy milk jug found swimming

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
I've been trying to find some of the milk jugs from the Huntsville Ontario area for a while , never really had much luck though .

the other day was swimming for bottles at a dock in the Huntsville area and came across something underwater and initially wasn't sure what it was but it turned out to be a milk jug with writing on it . but has some major damage on the top end . but still a neat find

its the smaller sized Huntsville dairy embossed jug ( is a larger version of this same jug which seems to be more common as I've seen it for sale before , not sure how common this size is ) , likely from 50's era as that's when they started to operate . there was also a couple other smaller dairies in that area , never really found jugs from any of them though , pretty sure Huntsville dairy was main one in the 50's-60's era

DSC02754.JPG
DSC02756.JPG
DSC02758.JPG

CanadianBottles

May 24, 2014
Shame that it's broken! I don't know why but I've never had any luck finding milks. I never seem to end up in places where people would throw them out intact.

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
Shame that it's broken! I don't know why but I've never had any luck finding milks. I never seem to end up in places where people would throw them out intact.
I've had some luck finding them in parks or water /lake near them . but often seem to be damaged .

not sure why the Huntsville Dairy was so hard to find as it was the main dairy and should be common here . but the town wasn't as big back then and I haven't found a lot of good spots in that town where you'd find milk jugs .

might be more bottles in the spot where I found it but sort of an akward swim due to tourists , boats , dock , I've never really liked swimming there which was why I avoid it till now , just bored this summer and wondered what was there . now I know there is actually some neat stuff down there

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawnra