I’m speechless

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

M.C.Glass

Reaction score

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
That seller, for lack of a better term, is an idiot. They massacred/botched their so called "restoration". A complete embarrassment removing all integrity from the bottle and making it into a joke. Probably can't even remove their handiwork so they have basically destroyed it. I wouldn't even want it for a shelf filler. It's so poorly done it looks comical and childish.

American

Reaction score
That seller, for lack of a better term, is an idiot. They massacred/botched their so called "restoration". A complete embarrassment removing all integrity from the bottle and making it into a joke. Probably can't even remove their handiwork so they have basically destroyed it. I wouldn't even want it for a shelf filler. It's so poorly done it looks comical and childish.
But UncleBruce, I can't figure out if you like it or not, lol. Could this be one of the items that an ebay seller just throws against the wall at a high price to see if it sticks? Now that ebay doesn't charge a premium based on listing price, the site is overrun with garbage.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
But UncleBruce, I can't figure out if you like it or not, lol. Could this be one of the items that an ebay seller just throws against the wall at a high price to see if it sticks? Now that ebay doesn't charge a premium based on listing price, the site is overrun with garbage.
Not being a feebay seller I was not aware that feebay had changed its fees for listing. Good information to know, thanks.
"Like it or not"... not so much the bottle, but how it was humiliated by the seller. Should have been left in its original state as it may now be permanently ruined. This is all just my personal opinion. The item has lost its integrity almost to the point of being a fantasy item now. I try to improve the appearance of trays, signs and bottles by cleaning these, but that soda is a good example of a poor way to do that. I have seen many attempts by folks to deceive/trick others into thinking something is better than it is. Fortunately in the case of that soda they did such a poor job it is obvious what was done and I hope they are not rewarded from throwing it "against the wall at a high price to see if it sticks". Below is a picture of a tray I improved with some simple cleaning techniques. No painting. No trickery. No deception. Sometimes you just gotta know when to stop and that ebay seller as I said is a "good example" of what happens when we don't and go too far.
lemp.jpg

Timelypicken

Reaction score
Not being a feebay seller I was not aware that feebay had changed its fees for listing. Good information to know, thanks.
"Like it or not"... not so much the bottle, but how it was humiliated by the seller. Should have been left in its original state as it may now be permanently ruined. This is all just my personal opinion. The item has lost its integrity almost to the point of being a fantasy item now. I try to improve the appearance of trays, signs and bottles by cleaning these, but that soda is a good example of a poor way to do that. I have seen many attempts by folks to deceive/trick others into thinking something is better than it is. Fortunately in the case of that soda they did such a poor job it is obvious what was done and I hope they are not rewarded from throwing it "against the wall at a high price to see if it sticks". Below is a picture of a tray I improved with some simple cleaning techniques. No painting. No trickery. No deception. Sometimes you just gotta know when to stop and that ebay seller as I said is a "good example" of what happens when we don't and go too far.
View attachment 222454
Beautiful tray

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu