I am looking for information about a bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Staticcat

Reaction score
I am in the US and bought a bottle at a second hand shop and would like to find any information about it. I searched online and could not find one similar. It is blue / aqua, about 7 inches tall and the only marks I see are faint graduation marks on one side. Attached is a photo.
Thanks
IMG_4942.JPG

UnderMiner

Reaction score
We need to see the bottom too, helps determine the age and manufacture method.

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
That's an oddity. It's not a soda. The graduations suggest some medical use. If I had to guess, I'd say veterinary medicine. That last image looks like "Lockport green," a blue-green -- is it? C.W. Merchant bottled veterinary medicines in that color glass, but it's not necessarily Gargling Oil. Anyway, that's a very speculative connection.

CWMerchantRectangle.JPG
CWMerchantAdvert.JPG

Staticcat

Reaction score
Thanks. I don't know glass color names but the photos are pretty accurate. The color is more saturated at the bottom. I wanted to at least confirm that it is old and not a recent decorative piece of glass. The graduations had me thinking it was older. I'll keep searching online with the new information.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow yeah that's a very unusual one. My first thought was decorative glass but looking closer I don't think it is. My guess is that it's from somewhere far outside where we usually see bottles from, maybe Eastern Europe or even Asia or Africa.

Csa

Reaction score
If I’m seeing the markings, looks like lines with corresponding 1-6 numbers. Appear to be ounce markings which you can easily check with a measuring cup. If true doesnt that rule out a lot of locations?

Last edited:

Staticcat

Reaction score
Thank you for the idea. The markings go from 1-7, which is below the neck. I filled the bottle to where the neck meets the curve and poured it out and it measured about 3/4 cup.
Thank you for verifying that it is old.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi Staticcat,
Interesting bottle alright. A nice one to make your entrance with. (Perhaps an early baby bottle?) Welcome to our club!

K6TIM

Reaction score
I am in the US and bought a bottle at a second hand shop and would like to find any information about it. I searched online and could not find one similar. It is blue / aqua, about 7 inches tall and the only marks I see are faint graduation marks on one side. Attached is a photo.
Thanks
View attachment 242685

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora