I can’t retire this before sharing it with you!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Is this a thing of beauty?! Lololloolol!! Hey, it worked…. Sort of. Addictions can make ya do some stuff! (And did you know a coffee cup can double as a hammer?!)
936070ec4343798ce141aa4684c7fc44.jpg

d69961e0d4556f829624abd5054ca4c1.jpg

fdb4843390be73bc53ea4e0dc7e02a1d.jpg

This poor thing has been beaten with a sludge hammer, cut on by a girl…. It’s still in a mummy costume! It looks new, right?
a8e4f325a1a49cf586f93f8b0672c5da.jpg

Want to use my hammer?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

embe

Reaction score
Help me understand what I'm looking at here. Sure a rock tumbler, but do you really fill the bottle that full before tumbling? Any liquid in there? Is it all held in with a cork? What's the purpose of the white wrapping? Curious minds want to know...

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Help me understand what I'm looking at here. Sure a rock tumbler, but do you really fill the bottle that full before tumbling? Any liquid in there? Is it all held in with a cork? What's the purpose of the white wrapping? Curious minds want to know...

No it’s a little over 1/3 full and
6ffe52bf63dfa31eb706916871f9a84a.jpg

there’s liquid & aluminum oxide - but unless I turned it neck down, it’s not going to leak from the inside, while laid on its side like that. This is 2 small barrels hacked into 1 large barrel- with a very snug canister that came with some tumbling media, on the inside of the rubber parts. That snug fit holds the 2 smaller barrel s together tight. (1 has the end cut out). I’m shocked that without glue or anything- don’t leak Otherwise cork is holding what’s inside the bottle from working it’s way out. This is probably exceeding the 3 lb limitation they say this tumbler has. This was sheer brainstorming until I can set up that big jar dr 1 in the front room, in giant boxes! And I never got quite the results with the rock tumbler that I wanted to see but maybe I rushed it, I’m not sure. Also hadn’t ran any copper until this big whiskey that’s spinning- so maybe that was it. Let me find my post as to what is under the tape! But this is 24 hours in, and bone dry on the outside. I tape the heck out of these to #1 to keep it turning because it’s probably double of what weight capacity is for the tumbler- that’s friction tape. #2, to try and hold that top piece down as far as it could go, as I am really testing the limits on this with size and weight and every other way. 1/4” longer and it wouldn’t turn. No tape and it just sits there with the bottom rod spinning. And let’s face it, what a nice looking thing it is! It would be much more simple if Chicago would take some things in their design into consideration, for us who want that $1700 unit but are not ready to drop those bux on a unit like that- you could buy a lot of awesome bottles for $1700! I’m set up, now and won’t know how to act!
6ffe52bf63dfa31eb706916871f9a84a.jpg

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
b6c201d04416abff28d79ba2dcde4364.jpg

Like I said, I was ready to use glue but it’s so tight it wasn’t needed. I ended up placing a board over the thing once the second section was in place, trying to squeeze it on, and sat on that board and bounced to push it on all the way. Still it wouldn’t go. Then I sprayed it with soapy water and then bounced on It, which worked! It’s not coming apart.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score

Like I said, I was ready to use glue but it’s so tight it wasn’t needed. I ended up placing a board over the thing once the second section was in place, trying to squeeze it on, and sat on that board and bounced to push it on all the way. Still it wouldn’t go. Then I sprayed it with soapy water and then bounced on It, which worked! It’s not coming apart.

Friction fitted, it won't leak. Whenever I work with rubber gaskets I always soak them in hot water to loosen them up and make them more flexable. Helps alot, windex evaporates and is slippery when you apply it if you want to lube.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Old man digger

Reaction score

What is the plan on getting that sucker open? Did you take a before shot? And are you going to share your results? Lots of questions, but this is what ingenuity is all about. GREAT JOB !!!!

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
What is the plan on getting that sucker open? Did you take a before shot? And are you going to share your results? Lots of questions, but this is what ingenuity is all about. GREAT JOB !!!!

Of course I will share results and I’m a gonna need lots of advice along the way cuz this is uncharted turf! At this point I have a once clear G. O. Blake’s bottle that was clear before, looking kind of smoke color, almost amethyst. I haven’t worked with copper before. I have used The oxcides, though, without that issue.

Ok, once I made that hillbilly barrel, I ran everything within that size but that was not good enough so I went full on ozark mt hillbilly and found a container that I cut the top off of, that fit over that (because I didn’t want to cut a hole in the top that came with the whole Tumbler as it was still in original condition Dash so the blue part that you see is what I put over the thing and cut a hole in for the bottle neck to extend further than the machine. I didn’t know if it would work but it was just a spare container… As it turned out it did work and stuff didn’t just spill all over the place out of it. (necessity being the mother of invention!) so that can come off like it did earlier today to check the impossment and everything because I haven’t used copper before! Is that smoke tinge normal and something that will leave once I use the cerium oxide? Or do I need to tumble it more with the aluminum oxide? I think I will wait for the big machine with those giant canisters which are so beautiful and un-hillbilly-esk!?
60ff2a3db071738266c79f5da336e2d4.jpg

(Is that a word? Well it is today!) I got helpers, lots of helpers, always….

Old man digger

Reaction score
Of course I will share results and I’m a gonna need lots of advice along the way cuz this is uncharted turf! At this point I have a once clear G. O. Blake’s bottle that was clear before, looking kind of smoke color, almost amethyst. I haven’t worked with copper before. I have used The oxcides, though, without that issue.

Ok, once I made that hillbilly barrel, I ran everything within that size but that was not good enough so I went full on ozark mt hillbilly and found a container that I cut the top off of, that fit over that (because I didn’t want to cut a hole in the top that came with the whole Tumbler as it was still in original condition Dash so the blue part that you see is what I put over the thing and cut a hole in for the bottle neck to extend further than the machine. I didn’t know if it would work but it was just a spare container… As it turned out it did work and stuff didn’t just spill all over the place out of it. (necessity being the mother of invention!) so that can come off like it did earlier today to check the impossment and everything because I haven’t used copper before! Is that smoke tinge normal and something that will leave once I use the cerium oxide? Or do I need to tumble it more with the aluminum oxide? I think I will wait for the big machine with those giant canisters which are so beautiful and un-hillbilly-esk!?

What for Kitties are those? The look like Ocelots but not as big. I have seen similar cats in the jungles of central America called Jaguarundis. Very cool cats!!!! And Unhillbillyest is a word if you live in the Ozarkesest place on earth. With your talent you could be one heckofamoonshiner. Be stile my friend...OMD

Jstorm

Reaction score

That's awesome. Beauties

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu