i CAN'T BE NICE ABOUT THIS NEW EBAY STUPIDITY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mayhem

Reaction score
It is an algorithm based on what you search for, clicked on, and most important put in your watch list. Search on "cobalt blue bottles" a lot and that is what you will get. Like FB algorithms it is designed to "keep you engaged". Even my iTunes tries to pick what I like based on what I have played in the past. They all do it. Sadly you will have to get used to it.

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Someone should really make a centralized online bottle marketplace. Like eBay, but exclusively for bottles. Maybe fund it by having each listing cost between 1 and 5 dollars or something so there's nobody listing scams or clorox bottles they want a grand for. Limited if any % of sales go to the website owner. FOHBC or someone should put one together, it would be to the benefit of everybody

Oh, would that be so kewl! I think you have the idea... you sound like the next Jeff Bezos. Your gonna need a bigger piggy bank, if u act on that. Your going to kick yourself if u don’t! I think we all would be your best customers! Kovels does their thing, but u have to wade thru so much other to find your bottle! Doilies and such.... You got your knickknacks and Your brick and brac... your kewpie dolls... your stamp collections... better bring hip waders! Just bottles! Do u include cans and stoneware?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
No they didn't, I use it on there all the time.

I have a few of my paintings over there but don’t even check them... ever! It just seems like they don’t really have the traffic there. I did just realist my stinky dr bag. It’s listed as a short horn American cow of the 1800’s, with blue eyes and a club foot.... btw, I love the name u fly by! Pretty cool.

yacorie

Reaction score
Fb Marketplace was my alternative but yea I stopped selling there myself. What a drag. Besides lets talk about paying taxes on USED items that have already been taxed, got a 1099 off ebay last year for all used pinball parts wawa :(

isn’t it 20k sales value for eBay to give a 1099k?

cor3y7

Reaction score
isn’t it 20k sales value for eBay to give a 1099k?

Historically, it has been. That is set to change in 2022, as a part of the stimulus bill specified that payment processors (like PayPal) now must issue 1099s after only a handful of transactions (versus 200 in the past) and/or $600 (versus $20,000 in the past).

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/stim...to-report-earnings-of-600-on-1099-k-tax-form/

Technically, you were always supposed to be paying taxes on these things whether you were issued a 1099 or not... the new legislation just makes it more likely that people will pay the taxes since they will be much more likely to be issues a 1099 tax form.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Fb Marketplace was my alternative but yea I stopped selling there myself. What a drag. Besides lets talk about paying taxes on USED items that have already been taxed, got a 1099 off ebay last year for all used pinball parts wawa :(
Do you have a 56V power supplies for a pinball machines?

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
I have a few of my paintings over there but don’t even check them... ever! It just seems like they don’t really have the traffic there. I did just realist my stinky dr bag. It’s listed as a short horn American cow of the 1800’s, with blue eyes and a club foot.... btw, I love the name u fly by! Pretty cool.
My browser and software doesn't allow tracking so if someone like myself is browsing your items you would never know it. I even block all cookies. If the web site won't let me access without cookies I don't need anything they have to offer.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Historically, it has been. That is set to change in 2022, as a part of the stimulus bill specified that payment processors (like PayPal) now must issue 1099s after only a handful of transactions (versus 200 in the past) and/or $600 (versus $20,000 in the past).

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/stim...to-report-earnings-of-600-on-1099-k-tax-form/

Technically, you were always supposed to be paying taxes on these things whether you were issued a 1099 or not... the new legislation just makes it more likely that people will pay the taxes since they will be much more likely to be issues a 1099 tax form.
All that STIMULUS money has to come from somewhere.

yacorie

Reaction score

well the IRS considers online “yard sales” to be tax free if you’re selling used household goods that you paid for and used. Collectibles get hammered - not sure how they consider other items

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi