i CAN'T BE NICE ABOUT THIS NEW EBAY STUPIDITY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Just noticed this new level of stupidity on Feebay. While doing a category search the message "WE REMOVED SOME SEARCH RESULTS" appeared above the listings. WHAT!!!! How dumb is that???? What would give them the right to eliminate results from a search? This is absolute lunacy. A search engine that doesn't give you real search results. A search engine that eliminates part of its findings!!!! FEEBAY has gone absolutely stupid.

dumb.jpg

nhpharm

Reaction score
Yeah...I wonder how they determine that. As a seller it concerns me that my listings might be getting screened out due to some weird algorithm. The only thing that would be nice is if they were able to screen out the folks that load their listings with key words that don't even remotely tie to their listing...when I search "titles and descriptions" for New Hampshire Bottle, I come up with a million bottle listings from some dealers who think it is clever to list every state in the body of their listing even if their bottle is from Indiana.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Yeah...I wonder how they determine that. As a seller it concerns me that my listings might be getting screened out due to some weird algorithm. The only thing that would be nice is if they were able to screen out the folks that load their listings with key words that don't even remotely tie to their listing...when I search "titles and descriptions" for New Hampshire Bottle, I come up with a million bottle listings from some dealers who think it is clever to list every state in the body of their listing even if their bottle is from Indiana.
I did a search for some Missouri bottles and it was actually eliminating Missouri bottles from its search... a new low for the Feebay idiocracy of management.

SKS.TUSC

Reaction score
Anyone try Etsy? Only thing eBay has done right in the past decade was get rid of PayPal.

Timelypicken

Reaction score
Words from a full time eBay reseller. eBay has been taking lots of stuff out hurting sellers and buyers. eBay has been overloaded with scammers, but is still the best and safest place to buy and sell. eBay got a new owner recently and he has been changing a boat load of stuff for the worse. I don’t think he has done 1 thing that I have liked.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Anyone try Etsy? Only thing eBay has done right in the past decade was get rid of PayPal.
I buy a lot on Etsy but have never sold there. eBay remains my go-to and will probably remain so unless the buyers start to disappear.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado