I can't find another coca cola bottle like it.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DlPsocialcirclega

Reaction score
Having trouble identifying this coke bottle I can't seem to find another like it. Straight side Chattanooga glass co. The only thing on it is coca cola reg trade mark an that's it?

Attachments

• IMG_20200718_033016.jpg
    IMG_20200718_033016.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 384
  • IMG_20200718_033002.jpg
    IMG_20200718_033002.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 362
  • IMG_20200718_033033.jpg
    IMG_20200718_033033.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 365

greendirt330

Reaction score
It’s a generic or “no town name” straight side , I think they were maybe sent to bottlers for temporary use until they received the ones with the bottling company or town name embossed. I’ve seen them in heel script , center script and shoulder script. Hope that helps !

DlPsocialcirclega

Reaction score
It’s a generic or “no town name” straight side , I think they were maybe sent to bottlers for temporary use until they received the ones with the bottling company or town name embossed. I’ve seen them in heel script , center script and shoulder script. Hope that helps !
I've never even heard
Wow didn't know that I found that in my grandmother's backyard in Jonesboro when I was 12 I'm 39 now. Thanks I've always wanted to know.

DlPsocialcirclega

Reaction score
I've never even heard

Wow didn't know that I found that in my grandmother's backyard in Jonesboro when I was 12 I'm 39 now. Thanks I've always wanted to know.
I'm not see anything on an odd item like this or a value if any. Even the embossed coca cola is way different then that of the ones that have city an town. it's a clear glass with white swirls in it an lite pink from the sun. You don't see the quality you do in the others.

hemihampton

Reaction score
with no city name & what looks like a big chip on the bottom I don't think it would have much value. It should have Sentimental Value.

DlPsocialcirclega

Reaction score
with no city name & what looks like a big chip on the bottom I don't think it would have much value. It should have Sentimental Value.
I usually don't keep them if there damaged it does have a chip. You can't see in the pic but if your in the light on the bottom there is a dimond with a c in the middle. I kept it cause like I said never seen another one.

greendirt330

Reaction score
The Diamond -C mark was used by Chattanooga Bottle and Glass Co. from circa 1901-1913

greendirt330

Reaction score
I'm not see anything on an odd item like this or a value if any. Even the embossed coca cola is way different then that of the ones that have city an town. it's a clear glass with white swirls in it an lite pink from the sun. You don't see the quality you do in the others.
What you are saying about the difference in the Coca-Cola script and the crudeness of the bottle are all attributes of the early blown in mold process and the hand finishing of the applied tops. Everyone is different , but to me this is one of the most interesting things about the bottles.I normally only collect Georgia and South Carolina bottles but these differences in script , color , etc have led me to purchase straight side cokes from all over !! Love the early stuff !

DlPsocialcirclega

Reaction score
I usually don't keep them if there damaged it does have a chip. You can't see in the pic but if your in the light on the bottom there is a dimond with a c in the middle. I kept it cause like I said never seen another one.
Coca cola bottle are the most well documited an widely collected bottle there is. There can be
What you are saying about the difference in the Coca-Cola script and the crudeness of the bottle are all attributes of the early blown in mold process and the hand finishing of the applied tops. Everyone is different , but to me this is one of the most interesting things about the bottles.I normally only collect Georgia and South Carolina bottles but these differences in script , color , etc have led me to purchase straight side cokes from all over !! Love the early stuff !
I own 8 other stright side coke bottles that one sticks out to me an in any online picture. I would think it would raise more questions. More is known about coke bottles then any other bottle. But a Google search turns up nothing on a bottle with no town or state. I would think it would peak someone else's interest besides my own.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch