I finally found a spot :D

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Blackglass

Reaction score
After 2 and a half years I finally have a dig spot to call my own. Today, I decided to try and find a new spot. I went up on the side of the Pemigewasset river and walked downstream from a large bridge. Although the water is still high from the flooding, it has come down a lot and washed away a LOT of debries, which is very much in my favor. I looked for about 45 minutes after just giving up looking there, with finding just 1 Foss. I thought to myself, "I've gone upstream, but never on the opposite side of the bridge. I remember a forum member telling to look there, so I think I'll give it a try". So, I started out, not much different, then all of a sudden I see this...
DSCN9695.jpg

Took a while to get out. A Soda Water from Coca-Cola.
DSCN9698.jpg

Not really what I collect, but a good sign. I went upstream a little further, and I started to find a lot of shards and even some intact (but worthless) bottles.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this. The high water must of shifted it up on to the rock.
DSCN9700.jpg

Soon I was seeing intact bottles everywhere, and then sitting right out in the open was this big BIM cobalt chemist bottle. Couldn't believe it.
DSCN9705.jpg

I knew I had found it by then. Just a few steps over I found a dump...
DSCN9707.jpg

DSCN9708.jpg

A Maltine MFG Co.
DSCN9709.jpg

Quite a bit of branches and trees stacked up...
DSCN9713.jpg

Mini Foss!!!
DSCN9714.jpg

I found so much stuff, that I couldn't bring it all back! I left the jars, the redware plate, the big green wine, and some shards for next time. This area has some great potential, and quite a wide range of dates. I was pulling things out from the 1870's to the 1970's.
DSCN9715.jpg

The finds cleaned up...
DSCN9716.jpg

Soda water and the Maltine. The soda water is a little beat up and the Maltine has a lot of wear and a large open bubble, but it still displays nice...
DSCN9717.jpg

Here are todays criers. Half of a Derma-Balma, and what appears to be the base of a Townsends or some other large Med.
DSCN9718.jpg

A Larkin Soap with most of the soap sealed in it, The min Foss ( has a few lip chips :(), and Hoppes No. 9. Never heard of that one. All BIM.
DSCN9719.jpg

A Wildroot (newer), a milkglass top, and the top of a promotional paperwait. The bottom was there too, but it was beat up and the paint was falling off rapidly.
DSCN9721.jpg

Here is the BIM cobalt blue chemist. It has a little wear, but overal it is in really nice condition. The only problem is that it has a bone stuck in it. I think it was in there when it was thrown away, and it swelled from the water and will not come out. Anyone know how I can get it out? I'll probably make another post in " Cleaning and Reapairing".
DSCN9722.jpg

Here is what I think is the best find of the day. A sample size Dr. Wistars! I was so excited when I pulled this one out. I know it isn't worth a whole lot, but you certainly don't see it as often as the big sized ones. Pretty good condition for being in the river for 130 years, with only a few small chips on some of the letters. I love it, and I didn't even have to buy it!
DSCN9723.jpg

Nothing great, but the best I've gotten, and there is plenty more finds still there, I know it.

Thanks for reading!

``Michael

kwalker

Reaction score
That one picture is great! There was stuff just stickin' out in plain sight! Thank god for flooding sometimes, it can be great for finding new stuff. I have yet to make it back to the woods here (still 5 or 6 feet above flood stage) but man oh man you put me in the digging mood! There's some great pictures there! Can't wait to see the redware plate cleaned up, it looks like a good one. Very rarely does dishware come out whole. Awesome show!

rockbot

Reaction score
Nice pictures. love the dump site pic too.
That hoppes #9 is gun oil.

Great job finding that dump.

MichaelFla

Reaction score
You got some great stuff there! I am going out this weekend to see if I can find any place I can dig. I'm going crazy seeing all these new digs and I know of nowhere to go. Good job finding this, and when you go back keep the pics coming!

Dansalata

Reaction score
totally awesome spot...hope you have many good times there!!!great finds...

tftfan

Reaction score
Cool spot !! looks alot like the place we scouted today, sept we didnt see no glass [8|] Nice bottles.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum