I Hate Halloween

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

antlerman23

Reaction score
mostly just 'cuz I don't like those "haunted house" things.
my little tiny rant is over. [:D]

Plumbata

Reaction score
I have a love/hate thing going on with Halloween. Being in a university town things get nutz that night, as people shatter bottles everywhere, urinate on my porch, smash pumpkins, set dumpsters on fire, steal and vandalize things, and cause an obnoxious ruckus in general. Also, the silly girls use it as an opportunity to dress up as scantily-clad slutty angels/devils/faeries and the uninspired monotony of it gets old pretty fast. As the night progresses however, and these chicks get wasted and decide it is a good idea to become even more scantily clad, the red-blooded dude in me enjoys the show quite a bit, heh. [:D]

epackage

Reaction score
Always loved Halloween, got dressed up every year into my late 20's, designed some great costumes. Nowadays I help make costumes for my nieces and I no longer get dressed up....

Costumes I made them last year, a gumball machine and a slurpee... Toughest part was stitching all those plastic balls together and attaching them to suspenders so she was comfortable[;)]

12B9452F51AB44F7A1C15513677B520F.jpg

Attachments

• 12B9452F51AB44F7A1C15513677B520F.jpg
    12B9452F51AB44F7A1C15513677B520F.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 79

epackage

Reaction score
Well Andy they hit the age this year where they want to go as a Greek Goddess and Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games movie, looks like my costume designing days are officially over...[:-]

kor

Reaction score
I've always enjoyed Halloween. Now that my kids are old enough to go out trick or treating I enjoy it even more. They have so much fun! Plus I get to help them eat their candy... [:D]

coreya

Reaction score
I live in rural country on 20 acres so no one does the trick or treat deal here but I loved it when we lived in the suburbs in a neighborhood.

glass man

Reaction score
No one comes round here where we live..it is like HALLOWEEN all year long though..now one Christmas I saw pretty lights outside the window coming through the shade and thought a neighbor had really gone all out and had put up some revolving lights!

I went to the door to get a look and it was ..lots of cop cars and all sort of law enforcement cars..trucks..fire trucks and a guy in a chemical suit going towards a house right down the street..it was a bust on a meth house..HO HO HO!! [8D][8D][8D] JAMIE

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
This reminds me, I got to hang my decorations.
I just ate the last candy bar from 5 years ago. I never got a trick or treater until last year but I wasn't gonna give that stuff to a cute 3 YO. I gave her 2 bucks in quarters and let her mom and dad get what they felt was good. They said that's too much and I said give the rest to UNICEF. Anyone remember those cardboard boxes? They didn't.
This year I bought a few full size things just in case, some have peanuts but even the ones that don't have a warning. Go figure.
I also got some Smarties but that's a whole other story as to why.
Anyway, here are some of the very few thing I have from my childhood.
Happy all hallows eve all.
DSCF2079_zps831e889b.jpg

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
Re: RE: I Hate Halloween

I love halloween, I wish it didn't have so much negitive stigma around it. It was always a happy, family oriented holiday for my family. My dad would let the tail gate down and drive us around ALL night! Back then you would trick or treat until 11 or 12, now it seems like you have to take the kids at 2:00 pm and end by 6:00! Its insane!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac