I have found a few thousand different bottles I was just wondering what would be the most valuable ones to find if anybody can help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Fred who are you? You must be on icon.
Whooo are you? Who Who, who who, I really wanna know...who are you? whooo arrrre youuu?

Hahha, yes I had been an active member on ICON (I still get the email digest) for a while but have disappeared some many years ago..
I still poke my head in from time to time.
~Fred
(Fred Ashplant)

buriedtreasuretime

Reaction score
I have found a few thousand different bottles I was just wondering what might be the most valuable ones or most sought out or is anybody looking for a certain bottle

The Indian chief bitters, the corn ear bitters, so many great and rare bitters. Any bottle that you searched for all your bottle collecting day and then you find the one- that’s the most expensive or rare bottle because it really means something to you personally. I’m partial to lady’s leg whiskeys, cathedral pickles, the bigger and thinner, the better. Sometimes it’s not about the value but the history, the oddity, the perverse sense of humor, a pontil, amazing opalescence, a conversation starter. I have a slew of early embalming fluid bottles, they give people the creeps but they are some of my favorites like “frigid Fluid” or the National casket company. There’s always something I find joy in. I have a pontiled small vile from the 1850’s called Daddy’s favorite sauce. So many not enough room to display them fairly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buriedtreasuretime

Reaction score
Well Shawn, you have our attn... for at least a little while longer... Pics or a partial list would help and then we could ask for pics of specific bottles... I'm looking for hotel or grocer bottlers strap side flasks (mostly wants are NJ, but NY, Conn, or Mass are ok too depending on condition and style points). Also want Barrel bitters (not Rowback or E.E. Hall), Warner's Safe Tonic & Bitters. New Jersey Pharmacy or druggist bottles with fancy embossing. ST Drakes 5 log cabin bitters.
Looking forward to seeing what ya got bub,
~Fred

What, no Tippicanoe bitters( Warner’s Safe manufactures) Drakes log cabin bitters, now you’re talking

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
The Indian chief bitters, the corn ear bitters, so many great and rare bitters. Any bottle that you searched for all your bottle collecting day and then you find the one- that’s the most expensive or rare bottle because it really means something to you personally. I’m partial to lady’s leg whiskeys, cathedral pickles, the bigger and thinner, the better. Sometimes it’s not about the value but the history, the oddity, the perverse sense of humor, a pontil, amazing opalescence, a conversation starter. I have a slew of early embalming fluid bottles, they give people the creeps but they are some of my favorites like “frigid Fluid” or the National casket company. There’s always something I find joy in. I have a pontiled small vile from the 1850’s called Daddy’s favorite sauce. So many not enough room to display them fairly.

Daddys is English, correct?
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
What, no Tippicanoe bitters( Warner’s Safe manufactures) Drakes log cabin bitters, now you’re talking

Tippecanoe was not a bitters and they advertised this fact.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

buriedtreasuretime

Reaction score
Tippecanoe was not a bitters and they advertised this fact.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

So was it a blood cure or a malaria cure. I was under the impression it was a bitters cuz it contained alcohol and a lot of “bitters” did as their main content was alcohol, thus a way to sell alcohol with out a tax stamp.

Henry Arnold

Reaction score
Are there any pictures? Don't see any. If you didn't post, that's fine, could be on my end, not sure.

brent little

Reaction score
Bottle collecting is a very complicated subject. Basicly its colour,size, and manufacture. Some can be all three. The hottest is always poisons,sodas,fruit jars,ginger beers.Medicine stuff usually not as collectable But not always. Say you bought an early soda from the 1860's. Is it pontiled? Nice colour? a squat or gravitator? Miss-spellings? Mint condition? There are many factors that determine price. Hope this helps.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
So was it a blood cure or a malaria cure. I was under the impression it was a bitters cuz it contained alcohol and a lot of “bitters” did as their main content was alcohol, thus a way to sell alcohol with out a tax stamp.

6 of one, half dozen of another. They were trying to give bitters a bad name. They were basically the same thing. All quack medicines. I remember destroying a canoe club display. It was a big canoe made of foam and hollow so as to be cooler like. We tied it down to the roof of my friends green gremlin and drove around. Ice and cans of beer spills from fast stops and turns were frequent. No cops anywhere back then. We drove around all day going to everyone of our friends house. Those were the days. I could go for a canoe full of beer right now, minus the gremlin. Lol!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp