I have found a few thousand different bottles I was just wondering what would be the most valuable ones to find if anybody can help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

buriedtreasuretime

Reaction score
6 of one, half dozen of another. They were trying to give bitters a bad name. They were basically the same thing. All quack medicines. I remember destroying a canoe club display. It was a big canoe made of foam and hollow so as to be cooler like. We tied it down to the roof of my friends green gremlin and drove around. Ice and cans of beer spills from fast stops and turns were frequent. No cops anywhere back then. We drove around all day going to everyone of our friends house. Those were the days. I could go for a canoe full of beer right now, minus the gremlin. Lol!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Sounds like a great time, I did stunts like that when in was 17-18, got busted for curfew a few times. All in good fun. The older ya get, the more responsibility falls on your shoulders and you become a boring old man with out the wherewithal all to just have fun. Of course getting in trouble at my age would be no fun! I miss being young and care free. Maybe I need some “bitters” to put some excitement back in me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Sounds like a great time, I did stunts like that when in was 17-18, got busted for curfew a few times. All in good fun. The older ya get, the more responsibility falls on your shoulders and you become a boring old man with out the wherewithal all to just have fun. Of course getting in trouble at my age would be no fun! I miss being young and care free. Maybe I need some “bitters” to put some excitement back in me.

We all did something crazy at least once in a life time. Good or bad. All just memories now.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Dogo

DOGO
Reaction score
It takes time, patience and a good memory to learn what is common and what is rare. There are price guides that can help, but you need to pay attention to small differences that can make a huge difference in value.

buriedtreasuretime

Reaction score
It takes time, patience and a good memory to learn what is common and what is rare. There are price guides that can help, but you need to pay attention to small differences that can make a huge difference in value.

What’s your take on tumbling? I find that excessive use renders the natural patina vacant. I can certainly see it’s use on some things to make them better and display worthy but some bottles, it’s that acidic slurry that etched bottles in the privys tha give them a special finish. Do you think it detracts or adds to the value. I have a large historical eagle flask I bought on eBay. I’ve mused it’s a forgery but now I just believe it’s over tumbling, any who it lost something and it causes doubt in what should be an honored piece. Curious what your thoughts are on tumbling valuations.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu