I hit the jackpot ... or bottle that is!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
Hey! There are a few cans in this dump. They are rusted, but not to the extreme, and have SOME labels left on them. The top is flat and appears to be aluminum while the rest is steel. Should I grab it/them? I'm wondering about them but left them where they are since I don't really collect or know anything about cans. I'll take one and send a pic if you think they are worth a shot.

tough to say without seeing them , myself I tend to take rusted cans home to look at them in further detail as I find it too tough in the wild , some clean up better , some don't

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Hey! There are a few cans in this dump. They are rusted, but not to the extreme, and have SOME labels left on them. The top is flat and appears to be aluminum while the rest is steel. Should I grab it/them? I'm wondering about them but left them where they are since I don't really collect or know anything about cans. I'll take one and send a pic if you think they are worth a shot.
You can soak them in citric acid to clean some of the rust off, but generally aluminum top cans aren't collectible unless they're in really good condition. It's the ones with the steel tops that are much more collectible.

brent little

Reaction score
You must be a young blood if you think this stuff has value. Unfortunately the stuff is mainly re-cycle. Dig more.

treasurekidd

Reaction score
I'd keep them and try to sell them, and whatever doesn't see quickly, right into the recycle bin. Always better to recycle them then leave them in the woods.

embe

Reaction score
You must be a young blood if you think this stuff has value. Unfortunately the stuff is mainly re-cycle. Dig more.
Value is subjective. I'd love to dig this stuff

Last edited:

hemihampton

Reaction score

If you'd like to learn more about Cans read my old post in here. Link below. LEON.

(374) WANTED: BEER CANS | Antique Bottles, Glass, Jars Online Community (antique-bottles.net)

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp