I know it's not much to go on, but

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Yimbo

Reaction score
My friend found this bottle bottom section in a small creek and hope someone might recognize the bottle from these pictures and maybe have pictures of a whole one.
1st pic I assume is the front and says "oldrye" (the O is missing) at the bottom of a bead outlined panel.
2nd shows the bottom with a shallow round pontil.
3rd shows the shape of the bottle from the bottom, seams are at the sides.
4th, 5th show the back with a circular bead outlined panel with the small letters "PI" and possibly part of another letter at the lower left inside the circular bead. Thanks for your help. Would love to see pictures of a whole bottle. Pretty sure it's a flask.

Attachments

• IMG_1841.JPG
    IMG_1841.JPG
    524.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1842.JPG
    IMG_1842.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_1843.JPG
    IMG_1843.JPG
    955.2 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1844.JPG
    IMG_1844.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1845.JPG
    IMG_1845.JPG
    969.6 KB · Views: 125

Skadman4

Skadmans3
Reaction score
My friend found this bottle bottom section in a small creek and hope someone might recognize the bottle from these pictures and maybe have pictures of a whole one.
1st pic I assume is the front and says "oldrye" (the O is missing) at the bottom of a bead outlined panel.
4th, 5th show the back with a circular bead outlined panel with the small letters "PI" and possibly part of another letter at the lower left inside the circular bead. Thanks for your help. Would love to see pictures of a whole bottle. Pretty sure it's a flask.
Just a shot in the dark, I was looking up a few of my liquor and whiskeys and I came across this one. The color of the photos is stunning, and this was as close to the information as I could get.

Original Civil War Double Eagle Quart Flask - Aqua Blue. Made by Geo. A. Berry & Co. near Pittsburgh, PA. Geo. A. Berry & Co. embossed on one side under the eagle.

2358f59044f5bd54e1604d6348ffe460.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

hemihampton

Reaction score
I've got a Clasped hands Flask that say's Old Rye near Bottom & I'm pretty sure I've seen Pikes Peak Flask with old Rye near Bottom, May be other Flask with the Old Rye, I think that Old Rye was Popular back then. Don't look Pontiled, looks to be about 1870's. Hope that helps? LEON.

Skadman4

Skadmans3
Reaction score
I've got a Clasped hands Flask that say's Old Rye near Bottom & I'm pretty sure I've seen Pikes Peak Flask with old Rye near Bottom, May be other Flask with the Old Rye, I think that Old Rye was Popular back then. Don't look Pontiled, looks to be about 1870's. Hope that helps? LEON.
Little light reading in my research on the never ending soda bottle mountain I was taking a break from. I am still trying to get that Hiryam Walker embossed flask in a Bootlegged smugglers bottle or on the legal end of the time. Rye is what got me looking at that book.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Most likely came down river. How far who knows. Doesn't look too knarly. Look up stream in the steep banks. See if anything is sticking out. Look for more pieces of glass it might lead you in the right direction. That's a good sign.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Yimbo

Reaction score
Just a shot in the dark, I was looking up a few of my liquor and whiskeys and I came across this one. The color of the photos is stunning, and this was as close to the information as I could get.

Original Civil War Double Eagle Quart Flask - Aqua Blue. Made by Geo. A. Berry & Co. near Pittsburgh, PA. Geo. A. Berry & Co. embossed on one side under the eagle.

2358f59044f5bd54e1604d6348ffe460.jpg

Looks like the eagle and oval panel are on both sides of the flask, my pictures show a square or rectangular panel on one side and a oval I'm guessing on the other. Thanks for the research and the pictures. Probably never know what it was if the "oldrye" and the oval panel are pretty common. Thanks again

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu